iluvtofly

I hate ASPCA commercials...

i hate those commercials because it equates those animals to humans. it disgusts me. I'm not for animal crueltyl, but those commercials are just wrong.

Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinions, but I fail to see how those commercials equate animals to humans. There are all types of commercials on TV for an array of causes. If you don't want to give to a cause that helps in the prevention of animal cruelty, keep flipping through the channels until you find a commercial for a cause you will support.

What is "disgusting" is how people can abuse, maim, and starve innocent little animals that have done absolutely nothing wrong to deserve such treatment.
There are three types of people in this world; those that can count and those that can't.

no I'm not a cold hearted bitch. But when they show the pictures of those poor abused/abandoned animals it makes me cry becuase I want to adopt them all. I feel so helpless. :(:(:(:(:(:(

Same here. I can't go to animal shelters, because I want to adopt them all and come home crying because I can't take them all, and I know I'd end up picking the most pathetic one that looked the saddest rather than picking the one that would make a good pet.

As for the poster that didn't like equating animals with people... I think in many situations, animals are BETTER than people, because they can never be anything less than completely honest.

As for the poster that didn't like equating animals with people... I think in many situations, animals are BETTER than people, because they can never be anything less than completely honest.

Sooo not true! My cats lie their asses off and try to convince me that they haven't already been fed when I know they have!!

I can't go to animal shelters, because I want to adopt them all and come home crying because I can't take them all

I'm the exact same way. Because I do not posses the ability to turn animals away, I currently own 9 dogs and 2 cats. Only 1 of the dogs and 1 of the cats were actually purchased. The others were abandoned animals that found their way to my porch. I don't have the heart to turn them away or send them to an animal shelter where their chances of finding a home are near zero.
There are three types of people in this world; those that can count and those that can't.