tonyhathaway

I'm back skydiving

Well, my trip to Las Vegas to work on playing drums for a living didn't quite work out. I spent a few months there, but never got a job playing. So, I've been back in Z-Hills the last few months skydiving again. At least I had a nice long vacation! Thanks to all who wrote kind words when I left. And now, I'm off to see RUSH tonight......;) - Tony
My O.C.D. has me chasing a dream my A.D.D. won't let me catch.

At least you can kick everyone's ass at Rock Band in the dropzone bar. ;)

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Well, my trip to Las Vegas to work on playing drums for a living didn't quite work out. I spent a few months there, but never got a job playing. So, I've been back in Z-Hills the last few months skydiving again. At least I had a nice long vacation! Thanks to all who wrote kind words when I left. And now, I'm off to see RUSH tonight......;) - Tony

What?? No Van Halen?? ;) Have fun. :)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Sorry to hear Vegas didn't pan out for you - unfortunately, there seem to be more drummers in LV than any other musician looking for work.

Might I suggest you post a profile/membership on Musician's Contact? It's a nationwide musicians' referral service. Be warned - there are more drummers available for work than any other musician. Hmmm - I see a pattern developing......

Seriously though, you're in one of the party band capitals of the US, and I'm sure, if you're any good, someone will pick you up. Don't give up, and keep practicing those 40 rudiments......

Good luck,

Gato
T.I.N.S.

Sorry to hear Vegas didn't pan out for you - unfortunately, there seem to be more drummers in LV than any other musician looking for work.

Might I suggest you post a profile/membership on Musician's Contact? It's a nationwide musicians' referral service. Be warned - there are more drummers available for work than any other musician. Hmmm - I see a pattern developing......

So basically speaking, you're saying there are way too many Tommy Lee wannabes out there? :P:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

it's great to have many talents, and to explore all of them, to the fullest...

the success is in having given the drumming a chance.....maybe not now, but maybe in the future...

as long as you are happy where you ARE, at any given moment........

Those who share your love of skydiving must be very pleased to have you back at Skydive City...

have fun stay safe.

jimmytavino:)

We're puttin the band back together. We're on a mission from god.:D

Great movie! And trivia question, who played the County Clerk, that stamped the tax bill "Paid" at the end of the movie?

Hey Tony, kick ass skydiver/photographer or wannabe LV drummer? Man, you ROCK! Just go for the Legend you already are.

skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Great movie! And trivia question, who played the County Clerk, that stamped the tax bill "Paid" at the end of the movie?

Too easy. Steven Spielberg! :D And no, I did NOT look it up! :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You are TOO observant, how you doing my friend?
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

You are TOO observant, how you doing my friend?

There were a LOT of well-known people in that movie, including John Landis, Paul Reubens and John Candy, and all the singers as well. It is one of my all-time favorite movies.

Doing good! you?