Broke

Amaretto

Ever have a flaming Dr. Pepper?

Take a lowball and fill it 3/4s of the way with a lighter beer. I prefer Lone Star for this job. Take a shot glass and fill it 4/5ths of the way with Amaretto. Top it off with 151. Light the 151, drop the flaming shot glass into the lowball of beer and chug.

Its a fun party drink and it tastes like a Dr. Pepper. If you let the 151 burn too long it'll be hot and mess up the taste of the drink.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

That's one of my favorites. Also have had Grand Marnier.

Right now I have a bottle of Lemoncello, home-made and bottled by a real full-blooded Italian family. They used to run a restaurant that was my parents' favorite place to eat at, until the owner of the property the restaurant was on sold the property. The restaurant closed and the family decided to go do something else. But we always had a shot of their Lemoncello as an after-dinner drink. The. Best. Ever! For the past few years, my dad has been buying a bottle of this stuff from the family (quietly, mind you). And I got one for Christmas.

I love it. B| Italians really know their lemons!!!

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

One of the first times I ever got drunk it was on "Sicilian Kisses". I believe it was Amaretto and SoCo. Ruined my whole outlook on SoCo.. but I'll still drink Amaretto!

As far as brands, I've yet to have one that has taken the cake over Disaronno.

I was looking for Amarettos not things to mix with Amaretto. I mostly like to drink my booze straight up or on the rocks. With the exception of Captian and Coke, or Soco and Lime
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Amaretto di Amore is good (and cheap for a college student's budget LOL) but Disaronno is good stuff.Plus I think the di Amore is only like 42 proof whereas the Disaronno is about 56 proof.

damn you now I need an Amaretto Sour! :Ptime to hit the liquor store!:ph34r:

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

So lately I have really been diggin on DiSorono on the rocks. Anyone have any other Amarettos they would like to recommend.

I've been putting amaretto into brownies and it's awesome. Instead of water I add twice the volume of Amaretto... Then I sprinkle on about half a cup more after they are cooked. I also add about 12oz of semi-sweet chocolate chips to the mix.:) They're by far the best brownies I've ever had.
Gravity Waits for No One.

I find that Amaretto over Vanilla Ice cream is very tasty

It's even better over chocolate brownie ice cream. I poke a bunch of holes down into a 1/2 gal container and add about a cup or two... Let it sit for a week or so to let the amaretto diffuse through it. Then I put that on top of one of the brownies. :)

I had home made Amaretto crème brûlée for dessert last night. Mmmm. I also made a couple with Kahlua, but I haven't tried one of those yet.

Nice. I have a friend who's obsessed with making crème brûlée... I'll have to recommend that to her.