Twoply

Mountain Hardwear vs Acyterx vs North Face

I prefer Acyterx as this product is made in Canada (Though sadly not a Canadian Company any more :( ) As it is made in my back yard (sort of), I can say that it is well designed for the snow, the rain and warmth.
I am a huge mountianeerer. So it is important for a product that will hold up well to the surrounding environment. And I am happy with Acyterx.
I personally stay clear of Northface, as this company I feel has developed the name, but the products are now cheaply made. (Plus the fact that its Parent owner also owns Vogue Magazine. So Northface is more fashion then purpose.)
Another company that I feel makes excellent products at an affordable prices is MEC. My tent is MEC and I love it. It is nice to have a spacious tent that wieghs only 2.5 lbs, especially when sitting in a tent for 4 days straight waitting out a storm, knowing that the tent will not blow apart!

Most of my clothing is Mountain Hardwear and Patagonia. The key is to find the right clothing for you that works and fits comfortably. I'm not sure what is necessary for alpine climbing but here's the clothing I use for 3 season hiking:
Base Layer: Patagonia Capeline 1
Long Sleeve Shirt: Mountain Hardwear Canyon Shirt
Wind Shirt: GoLite Wisp Wind Shirt
Convertible Pants: Mountain Hardwear Mesa Convertible Pants
Fleece Jacket: Patagonia R1 Hoody
Cap: Mountain Hardwear Micro Dome
Gloves: Mountain Hardwear Power Stretch Gloves
Rain Jacket: The North Face DIAD Jacket
Insulating Jacket: Mont-Bell Ultra Light Thermawrap Jacket
Muff Brother #4026
Loco Zapatos Rodriguez
SCR #14793

I'll go with Paramo - great gear.

Also RAB for their down jackets. Oh and HanWag bootsB|

TNF - used to be good but now is more street wear and a To Be Seen In lable:S

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

TNF now sucks...that is all.

The other two are great names, the key is finding what fits you best. Also with the exception of TNF, the ones you mentioned are pricey, but are great tech gear.

The lighter the more expensive. Make sure everything you get is breathable (which most of it from those companies should be) You can also look at REI's brand stuff, most of which is quite comparable for a tiny bit less (not all THAT much cheaper). In addition with REI if you buy anything from them not just there stuff, and it sucks for what you need you can take it back. Yes even after it has been used. When they say 100% guarantee they mean it!

(former REI employee, but also have been a shopper there for 15 years before and after the fact)
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Personally I like Marmot... I have a parka by them that is just outstanding!!!

I agree that Marmot makes great clothing, however they're typically a bit more heavy than others. If weight doesn't bother you, they're a good choice.
Muff Brother #4026
Loco Zapatos Rodriguez
SCR #14793

Whats your favorite?

Or what ones do you like from which companies?

Add names to the list if you like.

Targeted activities are moderate hiking and tower climbing for altitude.

Each company has products that range in quality in order to widen market access. However, Acyterx seems to have the best high-end offerings. If you're tall, then I've found that Mountain Hardware sucks for jackets, as they're never long enough. I have a couple Summit Series North Face jackets and I'm very happy with them. For my GoreTex shell I would have purchased the high-end Acyterx jacket, but the high-end North Face jacket was $200 less ($500 as opposed to $700). As other posters have mentioned, I'd stay away from the cheaper North Face stuff, as it is overpriced crap for the most part... However, their Summit Series is much higher quality in my opinion.
Gravity Waits for No One.

I have used all three and I love mountain hardware and Acyterx. I am not a big fan of north face gear. If I were to buy all new gear today I would get first layer mountain hardware and all the outer wear Acyterx.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

<>

Silly argument.

Arcteryx was bought out by Salomon - does that mean it's more about fashion than purpose now, too?

I still believe that Arcteryx is about function and not solely on fashion. As Salomon offers wonderful functioning products for just about everything they make.
Salomon is owned by Adiddas, which is also own for producing functional footwear.
The difference IMO, is these companies understand the primary purpose of function. Whereas, Vogue tries to inflict the importance of Fashion over Function.
Just my 2cents.