SuperGirl

searching for A&P schools

for you pilots and plane mechanics out there... any good tips on what websites to use to search for a comprehensive listing of accredited A&P schools?
do they list their prices anywhere? google keeps giving me a bunch of links to places with too little info.
so i'm wondering if there's some magic repository somewhere, with all the info I need, kinda like collegeboard and usnews are for rankings of regular colleges and universities...

Just to clarify...you looking just for the certificate? Or a Bachelor's that encompasses that? I've got access to a database or two...but I didn't just write that...

just the certificate.
so, to clarify... I'm doing this search for my bf who is computerless right now. he is a pilot, and is seriously thinking about getting an A&P certificate in the near future.
preferably a program that takes 18 months or less (the fewer, the better), and also doesn't cost way too much (less than 20k would be nice)

So, you want to get certified for a mechanic's job that will allow you to work in a hot/cold hangar, charge about 1/3 less than the Lexus guy gets, and for that honor you get to put your name in a log book that will follow you til the day you die?

That's the downside in a nutshell-really this is a great time to be an A&P. Every area I visit is looking for qualified mechanics. Do you have an area that you want to go to school or work.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

So, you want to get certified for a mechanic's job that will allow you to work in a hot/cold hangar, charge about 1/3 less than the Lexus guy gets, and for that honor you get to put your name in a log book that will follow you til the day you die?

Don't kid yourself. My son graduates from WMU aviation tech dept. this year and from the looks of the job offers he has already had he will start out making more than I do.

"It seemed like a good idea at the time"

Tennessee Technology Center. Nashville, TN campus.

It's a pretty good program that is 18months. Thats how I got my certificate through them. Tuition is not very expensive being a vocational school instead of a college.

Hope this helps.