Tuna-Salad

How cool would it be?

Just thinking how cool it might be to jump out of the bomb bay of an old B-17 or B29 or something. Any one else ever considered or thought about this or am I delusional?

Been done at the WFFC. Expensice ticket tho.
Remster

Just thinking how cool it might be to jump out of the bomb bay of an old B-17 or B29 or something. Any one else ever considered or thought about this or am I delusional?

Been done at the WFFC. Expensice ticket tho.

Yep. Expensive. I won't pay the money to do that, but there are others who would.

I do have two bomb bay door exits from the pink flamingo porter of Drop Zone fame over Gold Coast Skydivers when it was in Moss Point. Those were priceless (although a very reasonable cost).
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Screw a bomb bay, I'd love to be attached to a weapon pylon by some kind of harness.

Pilot: "Okay, and firing jumper #1..."
I laughed so hard when i read this...
What the hell why not attach you to the pylon of a hornet and cat shot you off the deck of the nimitz..
Millions of my potential children died on your daughters' face last night.

Schedule

The Collings Foundation has a B17 that you can jump from. It tours Florida during the winter months.

There is a bomb bay exit, but it's narrow.

When I did it with a couple of friends, it was $350 per person.
Now it is $400.

It's one of those things to say, "been there, done that" and you don't need to do again, so I tried it once.

With the Collings Foundation you have to have a full load of jumpers. They can't fly it with less and can't open the doors with non jumpers on the ride. If you want to do a bomber jump, sometimes it helps to know somebody:)

You are only as strong as the prey you devour

It's da bomb. B| Had a blast.

How much did it cost to get Slim Pickens for the Rodeo exit?
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)