RALFFERS

If we think gas prices are high now...

We've all heard the phrase: "it'll get worse before it gets better."

I was just watching the news again this morning & they were saying that now, by the end of 2009 a barrel of oil will cost $250.00!!... :|>:([:/] That means that if we're paying $4.00/gallon and our friends across the pond are paying $8.00 it'll be double that. Jesus CHRIST! B|

I hope the the economists are wrong - they have been in the past - unfortunately it was in regards to the fact that we'd top out at $130.00 per barrel; and were now at $138.00+.
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

My current opinion is that oil prices are being driven by commodities traders being able to leverage themselves by 10 times. Federal securities law only allows stock traders to leverage themselves by 2 times. Alot of people are hoping into the oil market, and they are maximizing their leverage.
We are all engines of karma

Outside of Rupert Murdoch claiming that the Iraq war would bring us $25/barrel again most anyone with a clue knew that this was coming. The price will never drop down again and it will only get worse if new sources of fuel are not produced......and an infrastructure that can deliver them. New drilling will only delay the problem.

The price will never drop down again and it will only get worse if new sources of fuel are not produced......and an infrastructure that can deliver them. New drilling will only delay the problem.

Really?... I thought the oil crisis was not so much due to the fact there's a [supposed] shortage, but rather because there haven't been any new rifineries built in 30+ years.

Ok, tap the few remaining wells, and build the pipeline to deliver it across many miles to a refinery.. Then what? Drilling is a band aid since it doesn't make it a renewable resource. It's simple math no matter what side of the drilling debate you are on. Increasing demand and a shrinking supply that will come to an end. You know that Dubai is being built up as a tourism spot because they identified their dominance for oil is coming to an end? Notice how quick they are putting all of that in? The rest of the world needs to take that hint and run with it. At best we are already 10-15 years behind on research than where we should be. Hell, the mass produced combustion engine hasn't seen that many upgrades over the last 40 years to make it that much more efficient.

At best we are already 10-15 years behind on research than where we should be. Hell, the mass produced combustion engine hasn't seen that many upgrades over the last 40 years to make it that much more efficient.

The IC engine has been around for over 100 years. It's been constantly improved and worked on by a very large number of engineers for a very long time. There just isn't much room for improvement, and hasn't been for a long time.
A waddling elephant seal is the cutest thing in the entire world.
-TJ

Really?... I thought the oil crisis was not so much due to the fact there's a [supposed] shortage, but rather because there haven't been any new rifineries built in 30+ years.

I don't see any "shortage" like there was in the 70s if you are old enough to remember that. Hell I can buy all the petrol I want as long as I can pay for it.

There isn't any shortage.

I don't see any "shortage" like there was in the 70s if you are old enough to remember that. Hell I can buy all the petrol I want as long as I can pay for it.

There isn't any shortage.

That's what I meant - as far as I know there is no shortage.

We've all heard the phrase: "it'll get worse before it gets better."

I was just watching the news again this morning & they were saying that now, by the end of 2009 a barrel of oil will cost $250.00!!... :|>:([:/] That means that if we're paying $4.00/gallon and our friends across the pond are paying $8.00 it'll be double that. Jesus CHRIST! B|

I hope the the economists are wrong - they have been in the past - unfortunately it was in regards to the fact that we'd top out at $130.00 per barrel; and were now at $138.00+.

Housing prices only go up, so you'd better buy now! Tech stocks only go up so you'd better buy now! Its a goddamn bubble, no more no less. Just like the tech stocks. Just like housing. It'll pop.

Someone said this not too long ago:
"The stone age did not ended for lack of stones, the oil age will not end for lack of oil"
As of right now the demand of oil far exceeds the supply, nobody can atribute the reason of that to one cause, there are many causes . Im sure we agree on that, the solution isto find alternative sources of energy more efficient and renewable its been said before the barrel will NOT go under $100.00 regardless of efforts in that matter, thats best case escenario. I agree it will get a lot worse before it gets better, I get terrified just to think what this hurricane season has in storage for us, think of the couple tropical storms that already hit south america, all it will take to see the oil prices go up is a tropical storm bad enough to hit the gulf of Mexico and place a burden in our refinery capabilities.
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

I wonder if anyone's pondered making an alternative fuel for skydiving aircraft... Could drop jump tickets to $5 per seat.:P

Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

I wonder if anyone's pondered making an alternative fuel for skydiving aircraft... Could drop jump tickets to $5 per seat.:P

Problem is you would have to get FAA approval. The united States goverment inhibiting progress sine 1776
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Problem is you would have to get FAA approval. The united States goverment inhibiting progress sine 1776

It's not that hard to get it I'm sure, as people test new things all the time, including in the air. It's a matter of finding a location that provides minimal risk to people and property, for example, the Twentynine Palms, CA area. There ain't shit out there!!! No reason they can't test stuff. It's just a matter of getting your prototype from your backyard to the test site.

Paperwork is a bitch, and most people like to bitch, so many of those who have the knowledge and the technology to do so decline due to their decision to say, "Fuck it... Too much paperwork."
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

These guys are looking to replace 100LL:
http://www.swiftenterprises.com/Swift%20Fuel.html

Article about them:
http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/2008/pulpit_20080606_005036.html
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

These guys are looking to replace 100LL:
http://www.swiftenterprises.com/Swift%20Fuel.html

Article about them:
http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/2008/pulpit_20080606_005036.html

Very interesting:)

Im sure we agree on that, the solution isto find alternative sources of energy more efficient and renewable its been said before the barrel will NOT go under $100.00 regardless of efforts in that matter, thats best case escenario.

$100 says oil goes under $100 a barrel again within five years. Deal?