jenfly00

XBOX 360

Why not kick him out the door into the world instead of encouraging the growing trend of living every free moment in fake worlds blowing shit up and killing each other?

Its a LOT cheaper too :)

Obviously because blowing shit up and flying through the air with awesome guns while aliens are swarming around you and killing everything within a 3 mi radius with a plasma grenade is WAAAYYYY more fun....

Duh..:P
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

blowing shit up and flying through the air with awesome guns while aliens are swarming around you and killing everything within a 3 mi radius with a plasma grenade is WAAAYYYY more fun....

co-signed
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead

Why not kick him out the door into the world instead of encouraging the growing trend of living every free moment in fake worlds blowing shit up and killing each other?

Its a LOT cheaper too :)

Obviously because blowing shit up and flying through the air with awesome guns while aliens are swarming around you and killing everything within a 3 mi radius with a plasma grenade is WAAAYYYY more fun....

You mean PRETENDING that you are blowing shit up and flying through the air with awesome guns while aliens are swarming around you and killing everything within a 3 mi radius with a plasma grenade

But wayyy more fun than what????
__

My mighty steed

#1 its a great system, highy reccomend. However mine is going out for repairs, it got the dreaded 3 blinking lights, (general hardware failure) which is apparently caused by overheating of the motherboard and loosening of certain sautered connections. MS knows about this and they are repairing them free of charge, the ones currently on the shelves should not have this issue.

You mean PRETENDING that you are blowing shit up and flying through the air with awesome guns while aliens are swarming around you and killing everything within a 3 mi radius with a plasma grenade

But wayyy more fun than what????

Well obviously pretending, but you get into it...who says just because I'm not 5, that i can't have an active imagination. What's the difference in me doing it on a TV screeen than me pretending to blow shit up with my little cousin playing Army Soldiers or something outside???

Way more fun than alot of stuff I get to do. Yeah I can go outside and hike and shit and explore one weekend but at the same time I can be MASTER CHIEF and try to save planet earth from an evil alien Covenant. Or I can be a blue robot dude who fires energy balls from his arm with a robot dog, or a italian plumber who has to keep saving the stupid princess because everytime you arrive at one castle, she's not there, or even a pro football player...

All kind of shit....you get into it, but its not for everyone....I love em' and always will
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

And if you do get the elite, forget the $50 HDMI cable. Use either component, or go to www.newegg.com and get an HDMI cable for less than $15. I'm running 4 HDMI cables from there and have had no problems at all with them in my home theatre.B|

Expensive stereo/video cables are a tax on people who don't understand electrical engineering.
7CP#1 | BTR#2 | Payaso en fuego Rodriguez
"I want hot chicks in my boobies!"- McBeth

Expensive stereo/video cables are a tax on people who don't understand electrical engineering.

Exactamundo! Nobody needs solid silver Kimber cable or insanely expensive Monster cable. 99% of standard cables work just fine. There's so much bad marketing hype out there that the mass public is pretty much brainwashed.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Exactamundo! Nobody needs solid silver Kimber cable or insanely expensive Monster cable. 99% of standard cables work just fine. There's so much bad marketing hype out there that the mass public is pretty much brainwashed.

Thankd, you guys, for the info on the cables. I've pretty much decided to go for the Elite and a years xbox live subscription.
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

I actually play GH, GH2 and GH rock the 80's on the playstation 2. I will be getting GH3 on the xbox though.

Beat GH on medium, hard and expert. Beat GH2 and Rock the 80's on hard and working through expert now - 3/4 way on GH2 and 1/2 on Rock the 80's.

Since I got introduced to that game I don't play much else. I still play Bioshock on the 360 though :)
Blues,
Ian
ps: My gamer tag is V1g1lance. Feel free to add me at any time.

Performance Designs Factory Team

highly recommended over a ps3...i also have a wii...which pretty much just collects dust..

I think the Wii is a gimmick (owned one on launch day and sold it for a HT subwoofer) and the PS3 is a piece of A/V equipment that plays some good games. If I was a kid the ps3 would bore me to death but using it to watch bluray discs in 1080P and hear bluray discs in 5.1 LPCM makes it worth the price tag. Warhawk is fun too.

--"Someday you will die and somehow somethings going to steal your carbon" -MM

There is NO WAY I'd buy, or recommend a PS3 right now.

1st, I'd wait for the format wars to finish (think Beta and VHS) and 2nd, as a gaming console, it has to have one of the most limited game line ups (specifically for it).

I love my PS2 - lots of games, great price, great console. PS3....not so much :P

Blues

Performance Designs Factory Team

There is NO WAY I'd buy, or recommend a PS3 right now.

1st, I'd wait for the format wars to finish (think Beta and VHS) and 2nd, as a gaming console, it has to have one of the most limited game line ups (specifically for it).

I love my PS2 - lots of games, great price, great console. PS3....not so much :P

Blues

I've noticed recently that just about every game thats coming out for ps3 + at least one other console...is getting its release dates pushed back months...meanwhile the xbox/wii counterparts are coming out as scheduled..

its quite apparent that devs dont even know how to program for this system yet...

i would steer clear of the ps3 at all costs
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead

To be honest, I love my PS3.......the way the PS.Network is setup is awesome.........and Resistance Fall of Man is a really impressive first-gen game.

They do seem to be having a hard time getting games out though.....mostly due to the processor. Most game manufacturer's are not familiar with programming for it. The processor consists of mutliple processors and therefore different things like enemy AI and gravity can be assigned to it's own processor making the PS3 more powerful and it has more potential. The other thing you have to look at is the fact that XB360 is a veteran system, it's been out for awhile as opposed to the PS3.....so of course the game manufacturer's will be familiar with the programming and there will be more games.

But with the things that are on the way for PS3 there will be a new XBox system coming out to compete as the system is being used to it's limits right now.

things like ....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWubf5v-930&mode=related&search=

and with the PS.Network being free and having free demos and extra game content............plus with PS3 Home http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZY2vwlh5-g underway, that will change a lot of things. It will revolutionize the multiplayer environment.

Plus you can use your PS1 and PS2 games on your PS3.
...and you're in violation of your face!

OK, so I'm considering buying one for my nephew for his birthday. I go online and I'm reading about hardware failures (some sources say 25-30%) and disc scratching. I don't want to buy a present that will go tits up and have to be returned.

Additionally, since he will be hooking it up to an HD TV with an HDMI connection, is there enough of a difference between 1080i and 1080p to go for the HDMI?

Got a call from my nephew last night ...his Xbox360 Elite is showing the the dreaded 'Red Rings of Death'.

I made the mistake of giving him the sales receipt in case he needed it for just such an event ...he nas no idea where it is. ANyone have experience with microsoft repair or other suggestions?
-----------------------

www.xbox.com/support

they should send you a shipping label through email for you to send it off to microsoft. usually takes 2-3 weeks to get it back. (uk, not too sure about usa)

I got the ring of death after 2 months, then got it repaired and it happened again after 3 months!
ps3 is far superior imo!

He should be fine without the receipt. I lost my mine and had the same issue with the 3 red rings.
Just call the 800 number they will send a shipping box to him and he will have a new (refurbished)
Box in a few weeks.

Just got off the phone with MS. You're right, they were not interested in a receipt or the fact it wasn't registered (I know, I expect too much from an 8 y/o boy).

They now email a shipping label and you can box it off today, or wait and they will send you a shipping box.

Maximum turnaround time "15 days" ...fairly amazing, if true.

Once again, thanks for the help.

jen
-----------------------

They are not having as much problems now that they are failing less and less it should take just about the 15 days.
I sent one and had it back within 10 business days just last month.

Just curios did he do a back flip when he got the gift. I would have.:)

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Very true. I actually bought my first one at gamestop along with an additional $50 1 year warranty. I am currently on my 4th console in 2 years and have only 1 month left on the current warranty. Yes I know there is a M$ warranty but M$ would have only warrantied 1 of my systems. The other two would have cost me $240 total to have repaired by them. So with the $50 warranties I'm actually ahead plus no down time for shipping and repairs since they replace on the spot.

Even though my current one is still working it actually has some minor problems with the drive that worthy of replacement.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

They are not having as much problems now that they are failing less and less it should take just about the 15 days.
I sent one and had it back within 10 business days just last month.

Just curios did he do a back flip when he got the gift. I would have.:)

Figurative backflips and literal tears of joy!

However, when I delivered the good news he would have a replacement in about two weeks, the tragic look of an eight year old preparing to face eternity was hilarious.
-----------------------