skymama

Where is your favorite city to visit?

I L-O-V-E Charleston, SC!

I love Battery Row, the houses, the haunted grave yards, the food, the shops, the plantations, the people, the ocean, the trees and the pace!

WOOHOO!!! Yes, it is a fantastic City and a wonderful place to live. My wife is from there and my son lives downtown. He also works at Fleet Landing, a very nice restaurant right on the water. It is a very historic area, if any of you are heading this way let me know, the wife and I will give you a tour of some of the more historic sites and point you in the right direction for things to do. ;) Like sitting on top of the Vendue Inn on a nice spring afternoon having drinks at the Library, overlooking the harbor and the USS Yorktown.B|

Oh and Turtle...yeah, I love Atlanta, great place to visit and how 'bout those Braves! B|

But I will always want to stay here in the South Carolina Lowcountry!:)
Edited to add...

BTW, it is "The Battery" and there is a line of houses nearby called "Rainbow Row"...:)

Can't stand London....to touristy (Check out Liverpool though). In the UK it would have to be Edinburgh, Scottland.

As for the favorite big city to visit, right now it would have to be Manhattan.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

And why? You can only pick one. Would you want to live there?

In the US, I can live anywhere, and pretty much have...so to keep it interesting:

Furano, Hokkaido, Japan.

I loved my one visit there with my in laws, and yes, I would certainly live there if necessary...

...best sushi...

If not there, then Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan. ;)
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Doolin is the best!!!!

I'd also have to toss in Kilkenny.

I'd live in Doolin. I don't think my liver could survive living in Kilkenny. :ph34r::)

g

"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Can't stand London....to touristy (Check out Liverpool though)

I dunno...my husband's family is from Liverpool. They came to the states in the 70's and never went back! :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

And why? You can only pick one. Would you want to live there?

My pick is London. I've been there three times and love it more each time. I like the big city, cultural events, shopping, museums, the history, Pubs, sporting events and the people are nice too. I don't know if I'd totally want to move there because I'd miss my family, but I sure would like to have an apartment there. Now if the exchange rate for Americans was only a little better. [:/]

Reaaly? London, of all the great cities. I really dont like Londan at all. Its ok at best, been there more times than i liked. My choice is Prague. It has everything and every culture. The people are friendly and the of course some of the most beautiful women in the world. Just one mans opinion
So i just broke up with this woman who wasn't even my girlfriend!

Hellfish #782, POPS #10664

I haven't been to Prague, but I know people who have and they all say that it is beautiful. You never know, maybe my favorite will change once I get there!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I, present dont want to live anywhere, i want to travel and not stop right now.
But places i have visited that i njoyed emensely,
San Fransico in 1999 i met some awesome people and had a blast at halloween
LAOS, Luang Prabang, By far the nicest people i have ever come across, beatuiful country wonderful memories there.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Can't stand London....to touristy

That would depend on where in London you go and what you do once you're there ;)

My favourite city to visit would have be the one I haven't yet been to

yet.

Though really I'm just a country boy at heart.
but what do I know

Saint Petersburg (Leningrad)

Love St Pete! The women there are awsome , i mean the wine, yeah wine, i meant wine

Yeah, yeah....that's it...thaaaat's the ticket! It's all about the wine. ;):ph34r:

Lotsa' good jumpin' around there, too.
"T'was ever thus."

I lived in San Francisco for 3 years. That's my favorite city. Lived in Edinburgh for 2 years. Nice people, loved the single malts, weather sucked. London is ok, if you can take the weather. Dublin was nice, Guiness is the best there. The train ride from Lyon, France to Gap was literally breath takingly beautiful.
We are all engines of karma

I have to say Crimea in the lower part of the Ukraine is one of the most beautiful places on earth also. Also lived in Honoloulou (spelling?) Hawaii and the weather was always great there.
So i just broke up with this woman who wasn't even my girlfriend!

Hellfish #782, POPS #10664

Hi skymama,

I've been fortunate; work and pleasure have taken me to the Far East three times, to Australia twice, to South America six times, and 2 1/2 yrs living in Europe. Plus 43 of the 50 states.

Hands down: Paris

But it always has been so terribly expensive, even when I was there for the first time in '62; and worse now. [:/]

JerryBaumchen

Saint Petersburg (Leningrad)

Old Soviet joke:

Q: Where were you born?
A: St. Petersburg.

Q: Where did you go to school?
A: Petrograd.

Q: Where do you live now?
A: Leningrad.

Q: Where would you like to live in the future?
A: St. Petersburg.

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

dublin was pretty awesome. Ireland has a very good breakfast. I loved it, but I would have to choose Limmerick. Limmerick was like a smaller version of Dublin and I got to spend more time there so I knew it better. :ph34r: plus there is a lot of stuff to get into in Limmerick. only setback in Ireland besides the exchange rate is the rain:(

Me: I want to ride a bull out of a skyvan.
vegasjoe: How the hell are you going to land that thing?
Me: Who said anything about landed with it? I think after we'll have some Bar-B-Que.

dublin was pretty awesome. Ireland has a very good breakfast. I loved it, but I would have to choose Limmerick. Limmerick was like a smaller version of Dublin and I got to spend more time there so I knew it better. :ph34r: plus there is a lot of stuff to get into in Limmerick. only setback in Ireland besides the exchange rate is the rain:(

Are those the Cliffs of Moher in your avatar?

I loved the rain in Ireland. I was there in February and it rained every day, and it made for such a dynamic sky in most of my photos! I loved it!

Why do you like it? (Kris, you can answer too!)

I love to travel and am always looking for new places to put on the list.

It's kinda hard to answer that... I just really felt at home in Dublin. I've got a travel journal on my website that details my trip to Ireland that probably explains it better. www.nightingalesnest.net