gonzalesna

I got my orders. I"m moving to...

More Saki, More Yummy!;)

Hey, I can say that! WOO HOO! Probably woulda spelled it Socky though:D

Any ideas on how to say beer? I have a feeling I'll need to know that one.;)
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

When do you leave?

Probably early to mid-October.

I'm scheduled to graduate EOD school September 18th and I'll be taking a little bit of leave. (Till at least after my birthday- Oct. 6th) Then once my leave is over, I'll check in at LAX and [singing] I'm leavin'... on a jet plane...[/singing]
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Travel safe-glad I got to meet you before you left and look forward to running in to you when you return

If I wanted to get hit by a semi, I'd go play on the freeway.:P:D

....where you'll STILL be the shortest human for 300 miles you 'Plick' !

Maybe so, but if you ever came to visit, you'd have to worry about being confused with their ancient ancestors...:P

JAPAN! I'll be stationed at the base of Mount Fuji for a year. I'll be about an hour away from Tokyo.

Guess I need to learn more Japonese than "Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto.":D

When you shippin out Nick?

October:)

JAPAN! I'll be stationed at the base of Mount Fuji for a year. I'll be about an hour away from Tokyo.

I am so insanely jealous of you, I'd kill to get stationed there, japanese women are HOT!!

NEENER NEENER NEENER!!!:P:D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so insanely jealous of you, I'd kill to get stationed there, japanese women are HOT!!

NEENER NEENER NEENER!!!

Keep a spot open on the couch for when I come visit to.....you know......expand my cultural awareness and stuff

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Hi gonz,

I've been to Japan three times on business. Some folks are suggesting where to visit. In addition to Kyoto I would suggest Nara ( same area ), Nagoya is one of the prettiest cities that I have ever been in; and make sure to visit Hiroshima. It had an amazing effect on me; and I'm a crusty old fart. B|

JerryBaumchen

PS) Lots of travel stuff here right now.

When do you leave?

I'm scheduled to graduate EOD school September 18th and I'll be taking a little bit of leave. (Till at least after my birthday- Oct. 6th) Then once my leave is over, I'll check in at LAX and [singing] I'm leavin'... on a jet plane...[/singing]

Chicks Rock!! We'll celebrate our birthdays. I'll take you to the airport. ;)

Seriously; I hope to see you before you leave. :)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Awesome! There's an amusement park near the base of Fuji that has a BADASS set of roller coasters - or it used to. there used to be a badass water park in Tokyo called Toshimaen that was fun in the summer. JAPANESE FOR BUSY PEOPLE was a most useful series, I thought. Sake, Sapporo Super Dry, awesome sushi-go-rounds...yakitori...sashimi...chonko-nabe...Japanese baseball games (I like the baystars)...what a fun place! Roppongi in Tokyo is a GREAT bar district. Damn, but I miss that place...my japanese sux now...

I'm jealous.

:)

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Awesome! There's an amusement park near the base of Fuji that has a BADASS set of roller coasters - or it used to.

I think I've been to that park... none of my coworkers wanted to ride the rollercoasters... and we all bought and put on ponchos to ride the water ride... :D of course the humidity was so high it was probably a good idea to attempt to stay dry.

on our way back to Tokyo we stopped at a local winery and I got really tipsy japanese wine (the grape kind)... then we went to a fruit farm and got to eat all the free fruit we wanted... as long as we ate it there...

that was an interesting trip... it was our research groups team building trip... :D... a bunch of japanese and I hanging out, getting sauced and having a laugh... :D

I had fun in japan... it was a very educational and interesting experience.
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

New orders rock. Have fun in Tokyo bitch! Don't get too drunk. Those chicks love drunk Americans, and they love getting them into trouble even more.

I drunk being love...:S:D

I'm sure I'll have a blast. I don't think there's too many Harleys out there, so I might stand out a little.B|

In Reply To

NEENER NEENER NEENER!!!

Keep a spot open on the couch for when I come visit to.....you know......expand my cultural awareness and stuff

I don't know if I'm livin' out in town or on base yet but either way, come on down. I'm assuming it's going to be your first time at Camp Fuji...

When do you leave?

Chicks Rock!! We'll celebrate our birthdays. I'll take you to the airport. ;)

Seriously; I hope to see you before you leave. :)

Don't know if I'll make chicks rock, but I'll definately be jumping before I go since it costs about $60 to jump in Japan. The DZ closest to where I'll be requires an AAD (which I don't have) according to DZ.com so I'll have to go to the other DZ or rent gear probably.[:/]

As far as going to the airport, I'm covered pretty well. The majority of my family lives in Orange County, so I'm sure they'll drop me off. The cool thing is that they can go to the terminal with me if they want to. I just have to check them in at the counter before hand. Active duty with orders can do it.B|

One way or another, I'll be sure and stop by before I take off.:)

Lucky devil.

Maybe I'll drop by to visit/haunt/torture you.:ph34r:

Only if you leave your hockey jerseys at home.:P

Note to self:
Visit Japan before October. It's never gonna be the same afterwards.

I have no idea what you're talkin' about...:):):)

Awesome! There's an amusement park near the base of Fuji that has a BADASS set of roller coasters - or it used to.

I think I've been to that park... none of my coworkers wanted to ride the rollercoasters... and we all bought and put on ponchos to ride the water ride... :D of course the humidity was so high it was probably a good idea to attempt to stay dry.

on our way back to Tokyo we stopped at a local winery and I got really tipsy japanese wine (the grape kind)... then we went to a fruit farm and got to eat all the free fruit we wanted... as long as we ate it there...

that was an interesting trip... it was our research groups team building trip... :D... a bunch of japanese and I hanging out, getting sauced and having a laugh... :D

I had fun in japan... it was a very educational and interesting experience.

Sounds like a lot of learning was going on...:P