slotperfect

Burn Notice

Saw a couple of episodes in the hotel while hanging with our film crew on the road.

It is kind of interesting, kind of like the old Miami Vice remake at times or the CSI Miami thing. But I liked those too.:ph34r:

Matt

An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Anybody else watching this show? I kinda like it.

The season 2 premier is Thursday night at 10:00 EDT; I'm getting caught up on last season's episodes online.

I think it's a most entertaining show! I've watched them film on several occasions on Miami Beach and was 'selected' to be one of the women walking away from the scene (BN is know for it's beach um..scenery shots) in 'False Flag'.

Did anyone spot Fiona ( Gabrielle Anwar ) as Al Pacino's tango partner in 'Scent of a Woman'?
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

I liked it from the begining...kind of a 21st century Magnum PI, nice car, hot chicks, action with an underscored hero.

Ya can't swing a dead cat out here in L.A. without hitting some kind of Burn Notice promotion. :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Awesome show, season 1 was terrific. I've been counting the days this week till season 2.

If you like Burn, you'll probably like In Plain Sight also, totally different premise (US Marshall running WitSec versus burned spy) but alot of other similarities, main lead character with smarts, attitude, and flaws and the occasional voice-over narration.
It wouldn't hurt you to think like a fucking serial killer every once in a while - just for the sake of prevention

Awesome show, season 1 was terrific. I've been counting the days this week till season 2.

If you like Burn, you'll probably like In Plain Sight also, totally different premise (US Marshall running WitSec versus burned spy) but alot of other similarities, main lead character with smarts, attitude, and flaws and the occasional voice-over narration.

I'm gonna disagree with that. In Plain Sight just doesn't have the slickness or fun factor that Burn Notice does. Plus the stories just seem uninspired to me. I'd be surprised if the show makes it to a second season.
Muff Brother #4026
Loco Zapatos Rodriguez
SCR #14793

To me it is a very well crafted amalgamation of several different shows from the past:

-Rockford Files (the living quarters, the car, the changing identities/role playing)
-Miami Vice (the location, the fashion, and the candid snippets of the beach, the ocean, the club, etc)
-The Equalizer (ex-spy who uses his old friends and connections to help others who can't otherwise help themselves)
-The Fugitive (constant quest to clear his name)
-Magnum PI (third person narration, calling on old friends for favors like Barry the money launderer)
-MacGuyver (knowing a little about everything and making do in a pinch with household or readily available items)
-Kojak (fixation with one type of food; Tootsie Pops<>yogurt)
Arrive Safely

John