jtval

y aknow youre a skydiver when..

ya know youre a skydiver when...
im back in n.y. visiting, friday was my last day at home to hang out, and i know i wont be back for at least 2 years, but i put off all plans to watch the special on TLC. but it turns out everyone came over to see me and i couldnt see a full minute of it.( good thing i taped it, was it good???)
ill have to watch it later
JT

You know you're a skydiver when you just spent £44,20 on public transport, lugging all your gear to a DZ you knew was rained out, just so they could check your rig, check your log-book and an instructor could sign off your A-license. Yup, after a minor 7 year break between jumps 11 and 12, I am happy to say that I finally have my A-license!!! Woo-hoo!
[gwyneth paltrow]
"Firstly I'd like to thank the academy, and my director and of course God for making airplanes so we could jump out of them" *sob* *sob*
[/gwyneth paltrow]
Now for that B license! Woo-hoo, outta my way folks internationally A-licensed man of mystery coming through!!
:)/s
[drop till you party!]

jtval,
that tlc show was pretty good, i taped it ( on a friday night at 9pm im hoping to be drunk ) and watched it on sunday. the skydiving segment explained freeflying and showed some pretty bad mals ( cut away at about 100ft ). it also followed two first jumpers from beginning of class to touch down. It also had a lot of good B.A.S.E. footage. the medical reasons for why we do this were funny too.
blue skies, cold beer
chris

the medical reasons for why we do this were funny too.

I like the little cartoon sequence where the guy BASE jumps. When he's under canopy, he's got this twisted grin and if you listen really closely you can hear him going "hehehehehehe". :)I also liked the one jumper's comments after his jump. "I was totally irresponsible up there!" Busted me up!
Think he'll have to repeat AFF #1. ;)
------------
Blue Skies!
Zennie

A bunch of us from skydive the point in West Point VA got together at a bar in downtown DC to watch it. We had arranged it with the staff, but while we were watching it, some cube-headed bouncer walked right in front of us & switched it to the basketball game! >:([Note: Why do you suppose bouncers always seem to look the same? They all seem to have that same vacant stare & square head!]
It took us ten minutes to find someone who'd let us switch it back!! Plus there was no sound because the club had this pounding techno/house music. couldn't hear the psychological analyses. But we got a lot of good footage. I was there when they were shooting last May & I got to see that TLC guy butt-surf his landing! And kiss his jumpmaster, Doug Boyd, on the cheek!
So I need to see it again, with sound this time.
Speed Racer
"Blue Skies, Red eyes, Sore thighs!"

I also liked the one jumper's comments after his jump. "I was totally irresponsible up there!"

that guy cracked me up!!! did you see when the jm was trying to pull his hand back for is pht's? " That guy saved my life; I love this guy! I love you man!" lmfao!!:D he wasnt budging. That cartoon was a little crack head guy too. Looked like a caveman or something
blue skies, cold beer
chris

I wish I could have been a "lurker" during the TLC guy's AFF1 jump

I think that would have made a more memorable expierence if you flew next to him and did some flips or docked w/ him. I'm hoping to meet some cute tandem hunnies and asking their tandem master if i can lurk and let them see somebody actually flying in front of them doing some cool crap.
blue skies, cold beer
chris

yea, the "irresponsible"guy had me laughing.
as you watch it you can tell he was way excited [almost like he was on speed lol] even before he jumped. adrenalin ahhh gotta love it.
but the fear of height guys was cool. level headsed and did what he was there for.
but hell they both had the time of thier lives and it was on tv so it made skydiving look good.it's not as dangerous as[whuffos] might have thought...even for those who lock up.
JT