henryvillar

3rd Most Popular pet. Who's got one?

Ferrets are officialy the 3rd most popular pet species in the U.S., even though they are banned in some states and require a license in others.
Just wondering how many DZ.commers have one.

The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of my employer, not necessarily mine, and probably not necessary.

Had one for several years until he died. Smart as hell, fun to have as a pet, but DAMN did he stink.

Yeah, sure, it's a MUSK, but it still stinks. Even though he'd supposedly had his "glands removed" he was still a ripe bastard. I didn't notice it as much as anyone else who walked into my room did. Bathing helped but it was a catch-22: too much bathing is bad for their skin.

... and my room smelled like him for YEARS after he was gone.

Would love to get another one, but just can't bring myself to living with "eau de ferret" again.

I'm surprised the ferret is #3. What about fish? Rabbits? Reptiles?

Elvisio "tore the shit out of my cheesy speakers" Rodriguez

My friend and his wife who live on the other side of town has 3 of them. They stay in a climate controlled garage. The wife won't let them around in their new house, and two of them are hers. They do stink.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

They are illegal in CA. I'd have one if it were allowed.

Me too! Love the lil crittersB|

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

I have 2, 1 male/1 female, and the male is the smellier. None smell that strong though. My house has mostly wood floors with very little carpet which helps.

The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of my employer, not necessarily mine, and probably not necessary.

g

Cuz you are so close to the same level?:P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

You forgot to mention they steal your stuff and hide it. :D

Why would they be illegal there?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Supposedly they are better than hamsters.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I have no idea. Kinda stupid that Petco here sells housing and supplies for them. People smuggle them in from AZ. A neighbor of mine had theirs confiscated by animal control because somebody reported them. :(
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

g

Cuz you are so close to the same level?:P

:P

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
OMG, is she okay?

Illegal in Hawaii too and some other places. NY you need a license.
Reason: outdated beliefs that are generally unjustified. People are afraid they will be released into the wild where they will rapidly multiply and destroy local wildlife. Most ferrets can't survive more than a few days in the wild though. Some places/countries allow them as long as they are castrated and chipped.

Illegal in Hawaii too and some other places. NY you need a license.
Reason: outdated beliefs that are generally unjustified. People are afraid they will be released into the wild where they will rapidly multiply and destroy local wildlife. Most ferrets can't survive more than a few days in the wild though. Some places/countries allow them as long as they are castrated and chipped.

Hawaii has a mongoose problem, I can see why they don't allow ferrets.
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Something to do with the environmental impact.

g
OMG, is she okay?

Yeah, I read about that when I visited Maui. My wife and I were driving down some road way out near Hana near the end of the paved road, and saw a couple of them scramble across in front of us. They were imported by farmers to combat some kind of rodent problem in their sugar crop IIRC. Fat lot of good that did. :S

Yeah, I read about that when I visited Maui. My wife and I were driving down some road way out near Hana near the end of the paved road, and saw a couple of them scramble across in front of us. They were imported by farmers to combat some kind of rodent problem in their sugar crop IIRC. Fat lot of good that did. :S

Yes; brought to the islands to get rid of the rat problem. Rats that came over on ships.

Too bad the rat is nocturnal and the mongoose is diurnal. They never see each other. :D
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Yes; brought to the islands to get rid of the rat problem. Rats that came over on ships.

Too bad the rat is nocturnal and the mongoose is diurnal. They never see each other. :D

:D I also learned that Hawaii will quarantine any family pet for a certain amount of time, not sure how long, if you are moving there from the mainland. Happened to my brother. Had a cat and dog. :S

:D I also learned that Hawaii will quarantine any family pet for a certain amount of time, not sure how long, if you are moving there from the mainland. Happened to my brother. Had a cat and dog. :S

Thirty days.
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

I used to have a couple ferrets. I am totally convinced that some how they hold the key to solving the worlds energy crisis.

Every day I would clean their Cage (HUGE cage with tubes running from room to room in the house) and leave them a small amount of food.
When I would get home there would be a pile of Shit roughly equal to 100 times the size of the pile of food I left. They would recreate this unbelievable feat every day. I even started weighing the food and weighing what I was cleaning out. AMAZING!! 1 oz of food generates 100 oz’s of shit.

Build a car that runs off ferret shit and the gas crisis is solved!!

;):D