moodyskydiver

serious vibes needed/vent

So right now my dad is sitting in a doctor's office.Hes been having blinding headaches on one side of his head and then shortly after the other side of his body will tense up/convulse or go limp and he'll fall down.Hes also been having memory failure.He'd call me and then 5 mins later swear he hadnt talked to me all day and hadnt called me.Once he helped a friend move their stuff and then came home after helping them all day only to tell my mom that he hadnt seen said friend in 2 days.He once went to bed at 11pm and ran back in the living room saying he was late for work b/c it was 11AM and we had to convince him he hadnt been to sleep yet and that it was night time.Its been going on for weeks and he wouldnt go to the doctor.We dont know if hes having small strokes,a brain anurism,has a tumor or what,but its taken begging,crying and alot of threatening by myself,my mom and my sister to get him to the doctor.

I know we wont know anything today b/c I'm sure they'll want to run tests or something.I'm just praying for the love of God that hes going to be ok and survive this.I'm SO scared.:(

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

Thanks you guys.

Right now the doctors have ordered all manner of tests including a CT scan for next week.The doctor is leaning towards some type of seizure or tumor but wont know anything til next week.He was pissed that my dad hadnt come in sooner,but hes the type who never goes to the doctor for anything and it took alot of force just to get him to go this time.Even now he doesnt think its a big deal but it is.

I'm thinking about cancelling my trip to LP I cant cancel my trip to LP b/c my dad had a fit and said I WAS going and the tix are nonrefundable anyway.Plus my mom said theres no point in me sitting on my hands here waiting for test results so I dont know what to do.:(

hey amber, very sorry to hear you & family are going through this. but remember hon, though it could be one of the more serious conditions you mentioned, it could also very well be some far less threatening & treatable. (severe migraine disorder, easily treatable seizure disorder, or blood embellism related TIAs, all very easily treatable. however like nightingale mentioned, DON'T wait a week to get scan done, that doesn't sound right at all. go to ER tonight & get MRI immediately. remember hon, key to any medical problem = early detection, intervention & treatment. You & family are in all my prayers, thoughts & heart, with good vibes. please keep us posted. if you need to talk I'm here, just pm me, if you need to kid. pming my regular email to you now. hang in there sweetheart. Blue skies & best wishes for dad's out come & speedy recovery.
It's pretty pathetic when you have to TELL people you're fucking cool Skymama «narrative»This thread will lock in 3..2.. What a load of narrow-minded Xenophobic Bullshit!-squeak

He refuses to go to the ER.It took us 2 MONTHS to get him to go to the doctor today and that only after we threatened to divorce him and disown him.He doesnt take care of himself.Hell he takes better care of the horses than himself! We've begged,cried,screamed,threatened and begged more and he just wont go.I've even though about putting him to the car at gunpoint but I just cant bring myself to do it and he knows it.His CT scan is set up for next week and barring a miracle thats when hes going.Hes a stubborn ass!!!I love him so much I hate him right now!All we do is cry and worry about him and he just says "aw itll be alright."We know its serious,the doc knows its serious but HE REFUSES TO LISTEN!:(

But hes practically forcing me to go to LP now b/c "nothings wrong" and I'm going to have to worry about this shit while I'm gone.Anyone have the contact info to LP handy to give my mom incase something happens and she cant get me via my cell? I'm too exhaused to look it up.[:/]

My dad has had both a CT and MRI now and is scheduled for a neurology appointment on Friday.From what my family has told me via phone while at LP the CT scan was clear...no signs of a tumor or bleeding,but the tech said "possibly a CVA".Today we got the results back from the MRI and it was also clear of any abnormalities but we're still strong-arming him into going to the neuro. appt on Friday regardless.

So right now hes tired and a bit weakened/worn out but not any worse.Thank you SO much everyone for all the vibes,PMs,and emails as well as everyone at LP who helped keep me in good spirits and tried to help me worry less and have a good time.Also, special thanks to drdive and ladydyver for the excellent medical advice/help/consultation at LP.You're both awesome!:)