guppie01

Portable GPS recommendation

I'll add my $0.02. I have the Garmin Nuvi 350, and recommend it. When I bought mine, they had just come out, and I think I paid almost $700 for it, but it's still TOTALLY worth every cent.

Mine even knew the road to the rope swing at LP, which is even harder to find than the brewery I think. ;)

7CP#1 | BTR#2 | Payaso en fuego Rodriguez
"I want hot chicks in my boobies!"- McBeth

The rope swing no longer exists.

WHY? WTH Happened?:o

Rumor: Someone got hurt, someone got sued, and someone took it down.

Fact: The whole thing is gone. You can see the holes in the trees where the ladder was, and the branch that held the rope is gone.

I am NOT amused.>:(

So Garmin huh?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

It looks like Costco is doing a $150 rebate on the Nuvi 5000, but more importantly, does anyone else think the bean bag mount looks like something one would be more likely to find in a Castle than a Costco? :D
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?whse=BC&topnav=&prodid=11293145&ec=BC-EC24009-ProdID11280613&pos=0F&lang=en-US

Blues,
Dave

"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I have a Tom Tom ONE XL S

It has Text to speech and I like the bigger screen then the small 3.5" I have taken it all over the US and into B.C. Canada and have had no big problems.. It has been great for $200 and has a good Point of Interest list built in.

My guess is that they are all pretty similar.. I used another type one time and it was close to the one I have.

Scott
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Oooh the 350 is on even more of a sale now http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27

Oh... DROOL DROOL DROOL...

Fart... I wanted to go and get a physical look at 4 different units, but shIOT I don't want to miss this deal!

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Fart...

What's the proper response to this...excuse you? Maybe you should see a doctor? :o:D

Blues,
Dave

LOL :ph34r::ph34r:

I think I've already addressed the fact that I'm a dork!!!

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
OMG, is she okay?

Fart...

What's the proper response to this...excuse you? Maybe you should see a doctor? :o:D

Blues,
Dave

LOL :ph34r::ph34r:

I think I've already addressed the fact that I'm a dork!!!

g

Well, I suppose it's better than when you told us about that sneeze. :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

:P

YAY I will have my new GPS in 3 working days!!!!

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm so excited to play with my new gadget.

g
OMG, is she okay?

Grats, I've played with a lot of GPS units since 1999, and the Garmin has about the best interface of any of them. You'll love it.

OMG... LOVE IT!!!! Been playing with it all day today, upgraded all the maps, added MP3, and downloaded books on tape.

Thanks so much everyone for your advice!

g
OMG, is she okay?

It looks like Costco is doing a $150 rebate on the Nuvi 5000, but more importantly, does anyone else think the bean bag mount looks like something one would be more likely to find in a Castle than a Costco? :D
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?whse=BC&topnav=&prodid=11293145&ec=BC-EC24009-ProdID11280613&pos=0F&lang=en-US

Blues,
Dave

dude, that beanbag mount is fuckin huge.i got tired of looking at it. it's like you got a rig on your dash:D i had it for 2 days and returned it. it cost $50+

i use the suction cup mount high in the left corner of the windshield, kinda use to it there now. maybe thats why i didnt like the beanbag too
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell