mattyblast

"Paintable" Jumpsuits?

Hey folks. I'm interested in getting a jumpsuit made to look something like this (without the frizzies--ignore those please). From what I've been told, the pattern would be difficult to do, and it would affect my stability/control.

That being the case, I'm wondering if anyone could recommend a manufacturer/fabric/paint that I could use to color the fabric. That way I'm just ordering a suit that's made from a simple pattern, and it will fly safer. Thanks in advance.

(By the way, I'm a student, and a rather big one--5'11", 215lbs.)
"DOOR!!!"

The pattern on a suit will in no way affect how you will fly in the air (unless it is spray painted and goes hard like cardboard or something..??)

The only reason I can think you would have been told the suit will make you unstable is due to it's size. You can get suits in a tight fit, medium or loose, depending on your fall rate.
ie. to fall slower get a looser fit, but apparently they are harder to fly also.

Somone please correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Cheers,
Jason.

It's not that the asymetrical layers will make you unstable. It's just more comfortable to fly a jumpsuit that doesn't have overlays on one side and not the other. The layers add bulk. You will feel it in freefall, but it's not like it will spin you out of control or anything.

You can dye or color jumpsuit fabric. But the pattern you have selected would be combersome, and will likely not turn out the way you are envisioning it.

If you have your heart set on that pattern, then I would suggest a freefly suit by a manufacturer who can build it without the layers. Firefly would be a good bet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

I'd like to dye a white jumpsuit i bought. probably hot pink or black. I've been told to use the acid dye that u boil the suit in. is this the right way to go about it?
"In one way or the other, I'm a bad brother. Word to the motherf**ker." Eazy-E

GravityGirl:
I never really thought the layers of material, say 2 layers, would really make that much difference, guess you learn something new every day :)
Matty:
You'd have to take this up with someone that knows your fallrate, with the amount of jumps you have an instructor would probably be the only one at the moment.
Also that looks more like a Rel Suit than an FF Suit, or are we supposed to ignore the grippers?
If you are after a FF suit, I personally like just having FF pants and a shirt (short or long sleeved).
Also your instructors will want you to wear something with grippers as a student, if they are jumping with you anyway.

Cheers,
Jason.

By the way, I'm a student, and a rather big one--5'11", 215lbs.)

No.. no, not really :D Lemmee go grab atsbaury. anvilbrother, Vinnie the Anvil, Tall Guy, aggiedave and many others...
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

That suit wouldn't be all that hard to build in layers; Flite Suit offers something close ("Crossroads") in their custom cut gallery. It may be pricey though.

You could specify that the appliques be done in a lighter weight material than the base to make them less noticable in freefall. I strongly doubt that it would affect your stability or control; if it did you wouldn't see so many suits out there built that way.

You can put grips on a freefly suit and use it for both belly flying and freeflying; this isn't a bad idea for larger jumpers wanting to buy only one suit for now. The applique you're envisioning could be done on an RW suit as well; just choose one without a lot of spandex (ie Airtime's Tony Suit, Flite Suit's Flite Suit, etc).

You can jump in anything. A low or medium drag freefly suit on a big guy will do fine for fall rate. But you won't do your jumpmates any favors by not having grips for them. Particularaly if they are newer.

It is possible to get grips on freefly suits.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

I'd like to dye a white jumpsuit i bought. probably hot pink or black. I've been told to use the acid dye that u boil the suit in. is this the right way to go about it?

That is correct. I'ts a tricky process. Either get a professional to help you, or go to www.Dharmatrading.com

Used garments may not turn out as bright as you hope.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!