Radiance

Question for those who have been married

No pressure here. We have decided a while ago that there was no one else we wanted to be with. When the talk of children came up, then we considered it.

The proposal was beautiful. I took her to "our" cove right next to the small beach off the cliffs that was her stomping grounds since she was a toddler. I led her to the rock cliff above the sands. It was a warm late spring evening. The sun had set and the surf was crashing on cue. The air was wafting with the scent of weed and campfire. The sound of the crashing surf and horrible guitar playing set the mood. Beautiful. As the moon popped up, I popped the question. Of course she said "yes" and we kissed and hugged and we kicked back for a while, listening to the baying and howling of the hippies (genus Oceano Beachus). The perfect beautiful Southern California proposal.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

At a party last night, a group of us got into a "spirited" debate that made me start wondering. One side said that if you leave it up to a man, he'll never propose, and men only proprose because you've given, or they sense you're about to give, an ultimatum. Basically, they propose to shut you up.

I proposed to my wife after I knew I wanted to spend my life with her. Some time after that we concluded that the 100th weekend we'd been together as a couple (we were friends two years before that) would be a good date for our wedding.

No official proposal here.... last year at LP my sweetie was approached and asked what his intentions were with me. He replied "I plan to make her my wife!"

He wanted to do the whole proposal thing... but I told him I didn't want him to waste the money on a diamond. I tossed around the idea of a different ring (emerald), but money spent on vacation sounded so much better.

So, we are going on vacation next month for two weeks, and I get to go to Belize in 2 years. Those memories will mean so much more to me than a stupid rock on my finger - besides my band is GORGEOUS and so me.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

I think mine was a bit of pressure from him and from family circumstance...

My high school sweetheart and I had been dating since I was 16 1/2 and I caught my father cheating on my mother 6 months later. It was pretty rough on me because I never saw it coming. I certainly grew more clingy with my boyfriend and leaned heavily on him for emotional support. I've grown up in a very sheltered baptist church, baptist private school environment and he went to another baptist school.

When I graduated from high school, I enrolled in public college not really sure what I wanted out of life. I was excited for all the freedom, new experiences, and new people I would meet outside of my little bubble. He proposed to me over the summer before I ever started school. I was over the moon being only 18 and romantically idealistic. My parents were not enthusiastic about it saying we should wait a while. Not us, we knew better, he was 20 and I was 18 and we had all the answers :P Besides that, I was dying to get out from my parents household. So I got married at 19 and divorced at 21. :|

I asked my husband to marry me in the gear store... hehehe... My husbands dad thinks I asked him b/c I was so in love I just had to have him to myself!! :)
i know this does not exactly fit what you are asking but it is a different way to think of it...:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Be the change you wish to see in the world!

At a party last night, a group of us got into a "spirited" debate that made me start wondering. One side said that if you leave it up to a man, he'll never propose, and men only proprose because you've given, or they sense you're about to give, an ultimatum. Basically, they propose to shut you up.

The other side said that was the way to drive a man AWAY.

So, married people (current or past), spill it. How did the decision to get married transpire? Mutual agreement? Because of pressure? Afraid of losing the other one? It doesn't just have to be men, it can go both ways, I"m sure.

Why did you propose or accept a proposal of marriage?

She gave awesome BJs and then when we got married. Well. She took me for everthing.;) Never again
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

I'm very happy with my BF of almost 2 years. We have a solid relationship despite some rocky times. We are of the age when most of our friends are getting married and popping babies out. :)

Bottom line is, I don't want to get married EVER. Neither does he. It's one of the best things about our relationship. Mainly I don't want to get married because I don't want to get divorced! ;)

http://3ringnecklace.com/