stump73

Paraplane Question

There is some overlap between the paragliding/powered parachute community and the skydiving community, and you're probably better off talking directly to experts who know both sides.

Performance Designs is one company in both markets.

You might also try High Energy Sports; Bill Gargano was a well-known skydiving parachute designer/manufacturer before he turned to making powered-parachute canopies. If you call, talk to Betty -- lots of good advice and information from that side of aviation.

Mark

PM sent. But on a public note, all the manufacturers listed already are well worth the price of a phone call. You might also check out APCO http://www.apcoaviation.com/ Chiron, Elan, Hawk Wing, and ASAP/Summit/Steel Breeze.

Not all these guys make chutes that will fit the bill for a little machine like the Paraplane, but they're all worth a holler. Sorry I didn't have time to track down urls for the rest of 'em. Try http://www.powerchutes.com or http://groups.yahoo.com/group/powerchutes/ for some hot tips and leads.
And if all else fails, slap on a ParaCommander. ;)Heck, for a little ol' Paraplane, a T-10 will do the trick - just make sure it has the 7-TU mod so you can steer.:D
Patkat
gotta exercise my demons!

I got a real paraplane canopy with only a few jumps on it.:P

~

want to sell it? well do ya?

I jumped my fathers after he passed, supposed to be SN 001, what a canopy. replaced the ripstop tape that came off when I pulled it out of the closet. retaped the lines at the links with duct tape, and put a slider on it...stood it up in the peas.

I have a strato star being shipped as we speak.
:)

Nice try, but I don't think so it is part of a large collection of historical (yet airworthy) gear and it is really owned by Steve Stewart, I just take care of it.
But if you want to jump it just bring yourself up to Richmond In. next season and you can jump all you want.B|

~
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Nice try, but I don't think so it is part of a large collection of historical (yet airworthy) gear and it is really owned by Steve Stewart, I just take care of it.
But if you want to jump it just bring yourself up to Richmond In. next season and you can jump all you want.B|

~

I might make Richmond this yer...thanks