airtwardo

Respectfully, they are not the only ones who shouldn't be forgotten.

Thousands entered those buildings that day; some before the tragedy, some after. All those who didn't get out alive left broken hearts behind.:(

Not forgotten for sure...but respectfully, I said 'honored', it's a very special type of person that willingly runs INTO Hell so that others can escape it.

Those people and others like them, are today, in MY prayers.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Thousands entered those buildings that day; some before the tragedy, some after. All those who didn't get out alive left broken hearts behind.:(

Not forgotten for sure...but respectfully, I said 'honored', it's a very special type of person that willingly runs INTO Hell so that others can escape it.

your comments reminded me of something that I had done the other day....I was eating at a fast food restaurant waiting to go to an appointment and a man walked in and sat down and ate. He was wearing motorcycle gear and on it he had things on the leather that said to never forget those lost in desert storm.....and that he was there ect. I went up to him...shook his hand and thanked him for his service before I left. He was quite shocked. There are so many people that sacrifice for our freedoms. Today is a special day to remember - it is a day that changed our lives as americans. There just are no words to express the sacrifices made.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Amen.

On a lighter note you never really know how much these sort of event will change your life until you sit down and reflect back several years.

For example, On 9-11 the first thing I did was leave work early and drove to the Red Cross to donate blood. Others did the same which made me getting out of there at midnight, but I was happy to do it. On 9-12 I went to the recruiters office and joined the US Air Force (something I might not have done if not for 9-11). The steered my life into a very positive direction. I made many friends, got into skydiving, travelled all over, and have a very...er...somewhat stable life now.

So essentially if 9-11 had not happened who really knows where I would be today? Maybe I would be a skydiver, but I highly doubt it. Maybe I would have travelled, but I doubt it. And I'm positive I would not have met the many people who have been such an influence on my life.

My heart still does, however, go out to all the families of my fellow countrymen who lost loved ones and have to live with the grief.[:/]

Muff #5048

http://www.nytimes.com/library/national/091101rescuers.html

I'm on duty today steering the back of the hook and ladder as usual. People are waving and giving us the "thumbs up" today, way more than usual.

What the FDNY went through that day was incredible. Each one of those 343 men wanted to save every single life in those towers.

My heros.

Fly Free men.

Well, I don't pray, but you're right, they should be honored. I have been thinking of those that perished all day today; and I appreciate the sacrifice and courage shown by all of those who went in to help.

It does take a very special sort of person to do that type of job, and I for one am very thankful that people like that exist. Thanks to all who have served in the past and who do so today. :)

As i stood in the commons and watched the towers collapse. One thought came to mind knowing that there would be a great body count of FF's.
HEART
H-Heroes
E-Earned
A-America's
R-Respect
T-Today
You see the day before i listened to a city council memeber and a city manager describe publically how our jobs were no were as difficult or as hazardous as it was for law enforcement.
Since i was the Union President-i simply said that we Firfighters get paid to do what we are prepared to do as well as what we do.
Our Station one commons is attached to city hall so everyone was in there watching. When the Asst City manager asks? do you think people were crushed-i said just the folks doing what they are prepared to do-funny how the politicians left the commons.
Peace
"You can't teach what you don't know and you can't lead where you won't go"