audwiz

Skyhook purchase online

I don't think you can purchase a Skyhook separately at this time. You can either get it with a new Vector 3, or you may be able to send your Vector 3 back to RWS for modification. If you don't own or want a Vector 3, you're out of luck at the moment.

Hmmph...not cool..oh well...

thanks

It's not as "uncool" as it sounds. You can hunt around here on the forums for some "billbooth" posts where he discusses the reasons he hasn't licensed the Skyhook to other manufacturers.

He also discusses why on a recent Skydive Radio interview.

Booth and RWS are careful, thoughtful people. Check 'em out.

Cheers,

shall
B|

You can only get a skyhook as an option when purchasing a new RW-container.

I don't believe that to be true, Although I don't believe you can purchace the parts to install the skyhook "yourself" If you send your reg back to RWS the can retro-fit your rig with a skyhook. Contact 386 736 7589 I would ask for Dorothy or Mark, they should be able to guide you in the right direction and provide you with information on the cost.

I've asked Bill about retro fitting the skyhook to V3s and apparently there are only 3 people out side of RWS that have been trained to do it.
Unfortunately none of them are in Australia.
I wantr to fit a skyhook but sending it back to the factory, would cost heaps and take ages.
Bill said he will look into it (not sure what that means):|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Couldn't you remove the main and reserve and just send back the container for a retrofit? Can't imagine that would cost all that much...

Factory repacks are very expensive anyway.

Dave

I'm in Western Australia, t send it to the states and get it back in anything like a decent time frame would cost be a shit-load, not to mention the time I'd be without the rig and not jumping:(
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?