shortyj

Sugar Gliders anyone have one?

Someone on here had the same idea some time back. It was Andy Copland or someone else I can't remember.

Anyway, if you look into it they are not the easiest animals to care for. They are nocturnal for one. They need special food. Vet care for them is ridic. Lot of special needs for them. Too much trouble for a pet if you ask me.

cool little guys though.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

I had a girlfriend that had a couple of these once. A very high maintenance animal. You have to get them young and carry them around with you for a couple months, so they will bond with you, otherwise you will not be able to handle them later when they mature. They are also nocturnal and their urine is very acidic and stinky. I would not suggest them for kids under the age of 15, and then only if they show a lot of responsibility, and a willingness to work with them for several hours a day for the first six months.....

I had two, and they are not really that hard to take care of. Pretty much any fresh fruit is good and some veggies. They are nocturnal which does suck, but you can play with them during the day they just "bitch" about it. My best advice would be get them as babies and handle them A LOT. If they are not handled, they are some mean little shits with sharp teeth!;)

Dont know many details about em, but this guy in college had one. he had a shoe box mounted in the upper corner of the dorm room. The thing either instantly loved you or hated you. if it didnt like you, after you got in the room for about a minute it would be hidden in its little perch judging you, then it would jump out of the box and land on your head. the thing had some serious accuracy, it was hysterical.:D

So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

I had two, and they are not really that hard to take care of. Pretty much any fresh fruit is good and some veggies. They are nocturnal which does suck, but you can play with them during the day they just "bitch" about it. My best advice would be get them as babies and handle them A LOT. If they are not handled, they are some mean little shits with sharp teeth!;)

I remember that!! :)
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

I remember that!! :)

:$What I really miss is the Squirrel I had at the same time, do you remember her? I gave her to a wildlife place, mostly in part b/c she bonded to me, and would flip the F*** out anytime my kids or anyone else showed me any attention or tried to mess with her, I didnt want anyone to get hurt!;) I raised another squirrel from a pinky, but my ex - husband took her to work and lost her.... still pissed about that one>:(

I was thinking about some for my kids.

If you find the right people to trade with, I'm sure you could get a whole bunch of sugar gliders for your kids! They'd probably throw in the cages and feeders, too! :D
Imaginations on fire

If you find the right people to trade with, I'm sure you could get a whole bunch of sugar gliders for your kids! They'd probably throw in the cages and feeders, too! :D

:D:D I want the kids too they bring me joy:P
Playtime is essential.

I don't remember any squirrels... I do remember a bunch of cats -- so many that I don't have any of the names anymore.

From memory...:P
Willie
Duece
Hot Wheels
Princess
Snow
Talon

Willie is the only one of those I still have...
We did just get a new kitten last night, a little black white bob tail... we named her Nevaeh...:)

:D:D I want the kids too they bring me joy:P

Ah, so, you're not trying to trade them, then. :P
Imaginations on fire