LuckyMcSwervy

DZ Sleepover - What's The Hospitality Etiquette?

OK, last Saturday night was my first DZ party. :)
I get offered a place to crash with a guy I'd been talking too most of the night. I do a pig check with a couple of the girls at the party and this guy passes.

So, this guy and I said there’d bee no molesting going on (I don't do drunken hook ups - I want to be able to show my face there again, you know?), but he offered me the bed and I was drunk enough to take it. I wrapped up in my comforter and tried to sleep. He goes out and sleeps on the couch.

I awake about 6:30am to pee and puke ([:/]LOL) and go back to bed with one of the worst hangovers of my life. 20 minutes later I have this urge to get up and drive home to have this hangover in my own bed so no one would see/hear me sick, it would be quiet (this RV was right next to the loud Skyvan), because there was no way I would be jumping that day :(.

As I was leaving, I kinda woke him up and said thanks so much for letting me crash there. I notice he’s sleeping with no pillow or blankets and I feel sooooooo bad that someone gave up their comfort so I could crash. I asked if he would be around this weekend and I think he said yes, or maybe, or probably – I’m not sure.B|

So, I was raised to properly to properly thank someone for their hospitality but I do not know if there’s etiquette already in place for a sleepover at the DZ.

So…….. what’s the deal? Beer? A bottle? Breakfast? Dinner??

:)
Always be kinder than you feel.

Well, not peeing or puking in his bed was actually a really good start.B|

Yeah, that was really cool of me, huh? :D

Elvisio "although, that's what got you in trouble in the first place" Rodriguez

LOL - Hair of the dog, I guess? My stomach flips at the thought of alcohol right now!

"Pig Check" LOL ...............:D

His "thanks" is that his friend's now think he got lucky Saturday night even if he didn't! :P

Seriously, if he's a nice guy, I'm sure a simple thank you is all that's expected or required!

"Pig check" goes way back to my turning 21 days and hitting all the clubs. ;)

Offer to give his RV a good cleaning. And bring beer.

I've done that as a thank you many times. :)

Actually, the RV belonged to a friend of his and it looked really clean already. :)
That's still a good idea for the future - not that I plan to get trashed and stay in a guy's place again. :P

Wow- no one cleans my trailer or brings beer after crashing in my trailer! I'm going to have to start enforcing some ettiquette rules! :S

And this is why we have never had an open door policy. We've also been known to have "just say no" weekends and we don't let anyone crash with us for any reason. It is our home away from home. Sometimes we just want peace and quiet.

But to the OP - your thank you and the fact that you appreciated the place to crash goes a long way. If it turns out that you do crash there often, then a "gift" - money, beer, whatever would be appreciated. It costs more to haul and maintain a camper than most people realize.
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

Wow- no one cleans my trailer or brings beer after crashing in my trailer! I'm going to have to start enforcing some ettiquette rules! :S

And this is why we have never had an open door policy. We've also been known to have "just say no" weekends and we don't let anyone crash with us for any reason. It is our home away from home. Sometimes we just want peace and quiet.

But to the OP - your thank you and the fact that you appreciated the place to crash goes a long way. If it turns out that you do crash there often, then a "gift" - money, beer, whatever would be appreciated. It costs more to haul and maintain a camper than most people realize.

Cool. Sounds like a good idea. I think a "just say no" weekend is cool. How are you supposed to get a little action with visitors??? ;)

This is why, when upsizing my RV this year, I got one without too many extra beds. My old 19' hybrid had four beds in it. My new 26' (that I think is the same floorplan as your's) has two, and the spare bed is kind of inconvenient to put out. This way we can let someone crash whenever we want, but people are less likely to just assume the whole place is up for grabs.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I was being sarcastic. Sometimes we'll have a friend stay over and we really don't expect anything in return. I'd rather have a buddy spend the night on our couch than drive home drunk. I'm talking mainly about friends who would do the same or more for me. But I do hear you about the "just say no" weekends. Our trailer is also our home away from home so we really don't have an "open door" policy for overnight guests- and I have some "friends" who really do not understand that!:S

Cool. Sounds like a good idea. I think a "just say no" weekend is cool. How are you supposed to get a little action with visitors??? ;)

Me sleeping in my bed hasn't stopped several visitors from getting lucky. That is why there is a very short list of people that we let stay with us, well unless there is a blowjob involved.:D

Happened last Saturday nite.

Had a friend to tipsy, got out the blow up mattress, gave them a blanket & pillow, let them crash in the hanger.

Problem solved & everyone is happy! :)
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

Reading this thread reminded me of my 1st night in Hinckley, IL - & 1st time ever at a DZ for that matter. Needless to say things got way out of hand, and even though no one knew me at that time, I was treated extremely well! I will never forget the fun that was had that night nor the hospitality I was treated to. :)

Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

But he offered me the bed and I was drunk enough to take it.

Note to self ... Purchase trailer at McSwervy's DZ :)

Haha. Get that goggles picture up on your MySpace!!

Actually, my dad has a camper that's just sitting in his backyard and today I tried to warm him up to the idea of putting it at the DZ and I would pay the rent & utilities.

My strategy was, "Dad, you know how much I love to go to the DZ, and having the camper up there would really make it safer for me to stay up there all weekend instead of driving back and forth, especially when I've been drinking and then I wouldn't stay with a strange man in his RV. And think of all the money I would save in gas and tolls!" BTW - I only live 22.2 miles from the DZ. :P

He actually said he'd "think about it". Woohoo!;)