LisaM

Cat Question

Get some pot grass while you're at it.
It's like catnip for humans. :P

Now you have me wondering....my older cat LOVES the back porch (screened in) but she uses the ficus tree for a litter box....chili powder?

I have two cats that love the screened in porch and all the associated potted plants, I stopped the cats from using them for litter boxes by laying whole pine cones over the dirt in each pot. No more cat shit and the pine cones look pretty cool in the pots, too.
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

You can also try aluminum foil over the dirt to keep the cats out. The vast majority of cats despise the way it sounds and feels.

Plus, it will give your garden that futuristic vibe it's been missing...
If you can't laugh at yourself, I'll be happy to do it for you.
Be like the cupcake and suck it up.

You can also try aluminum foil over the dirt to keep the cats out. The vast majority of cats despise the way it sounds and feels.

When my cats hear the box of foil in the kitchen, they come running. They love little foil balls to bat around. :)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

I didn't read all the replies, but you can buy a plant that is made for just that problem. It is designed for kitties that love plants. (my kitters loves to eat plants) The thing is, he doesn't like the "plant for kitties" that we gave him. So, the only solution is, prepare for the "out" come. I let him eat some grass when I feel like he should. Sometimes he is "just fine". Other times, not... It is frustrating. It's bad for them to eat plants of unusual origin... Although, I like to make sure he is happy. :) but not too happy.... try that kitty grass. It may work. If not, they will puke all over everything. But we love kittens!!!! Keep them away from owls. Take Care! I'm sure none of this will help. But, that kitty grass really does exist. Much Love! -Jec
I don't have a license for this.

Out of the 3 I share my home with now, my guess is one would hate the foil and stay away, the other two would like it, roll around on it, etc. I used to have a cat that would pee on plastic if you left it lying around and my guess is he would pee on foil too.

Not every cat hates foil. Weird people have weird cats, I guess... :P

Snappy Trainers. I'm tellin' ya! Those things work!!!

http://www.snappytrainer.com/

They have a video there but it doesn't really do the product justice. It makes a very loud sound and flies through the air and is bright red which is a color that cats can see well.

Even though the core of the product is a mouse trap, it's made in such a way that your can (or yourself) can not get injured by it. They will scare the crap out of you.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of using loud scary things to "train" a cat. I beleive they will always associate the loud scary sound with YOU and not the activity you are trying to stop. In their minds, its like "Mom will make a loud scary noise if I jump on the fish tank in front of her so I better wait until she leaves for the day......." :D Same with squirt guns, etc.

But. I really love how cats all have their own unique personalities!

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of using loud scary things to "train" a cat. I beleive they will always associate the loud scary sound with YOU and not the activity you are trying to stop. In their minds, its like "Mom will make a loud scary noise if I jump on the fish tank in front of her so I better wait until she leaves for the day......." :D Same with squirt guns, etc.

I agree. Squirt guns and other training devices should only be used if the cat cannot see you. They should be thinking " Every time I scratch the new leather couch I get doused with water out of the blue. I better not do it again" Plus you don't want your kitty to associate you with an unpleasant experience, do you?

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."

It's so much fun! Maya .... what a card. You can tap your foot on the ground and she'll come running and "flump" over on her back for head scratches. You can't do it with your hand though, you must use your foot.

Lucy is like "aAe you kidding me? Get that foot away from me". She prefers to pull the magnets off my fridge and leave them all over the kitchen.

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of using loud scary things to "train" a cat. I beleive they will always associate the loud scary sound with YOU and not the activity you are trying to stop.

I totally agree with you. The way the Snappy Trainers work is that you set them up - like a mouse trap - and put them wherever you need like the shelf or the counter, etc.

When the cat jumps up there, the cat sets off the Snappy Trainer, not you. I like them because you don't have to be around to catch them in the act. Cats are smart enough to wait until you're gone to do these sorts of things.

Essentially your plants, counters, fish tank, etc. are fighting back.

It's so much fun! Maya .... what a card. You can tap your foot on the ground and she'll come running and "flump" over on her back for head scratches. You can't do it with your hand though, you must use your foot.

Lucy is like "aAe you kidding me? Get that foot away from me". She prefers to pull the magnets off my fridge and leave them all over the kitchen.

My cat Spike does both of those things, but he wants his belly rubbed with our feet! And as far as the magnets? I am convinced he has a form of kitty OCD. He'll get completely obsessed with the magnets for a while and won't stop until there isn't a single one left on the fridge. But then he'll go weeks without touching them.