npgraphicdesign

What's your favorite funky tune?

I also have the original version

Erica Badu has a great voice but i cant find anything from her other than BB2000

Yea the original is great also...but for some reason the one from BB2000 gets me every time...hits the right spot..makes me want to get up, grab my sax, and jam.. B|
that's Funny , it makes me want to get up and grab Erica Badu:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I also have the original version

Erica Badu has a great voice but i cant find anything from her other than BB2000

Yea the original is great also...but for some reason the one from BB2000 gets me every time...hits the right spot..makes me want to get up, grab my sax, and jam.. B|
that's Funny , it makes me want to get up and grab Erica Badu:D:D

Well...TRUEEEEE;)

Superstitious and Higher Ground by Stevie Wonder (hell, even the Chili Peppers funk the hell out of Higher Ground)
Don't Stop by Michael Jackson (teetering on the edge of not being funky enough, I know)
Tell Me Something Good by Rufus
You Dropped a Bomb on Me - The Gap Band
Anything off the Chocolate City album by Parliament
War by Edwin Starr

That's a sample of my "Funk Must-Haves"
If you can't laugh at yourself, I'll be happy to do it for you.
Be like the cupcake and suck it up.

I tried a search, but didn't turn up what I was looking for... What band did the "Won't you take me to Funkytown" that was all over VH1 years ago? Nice catchy beat with a wail near the end.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Funkytown

The original was by a band called Lipps, Inc. and that was the early 80's, I think.

It was remade by Pseudo Echo (an Aussie band) in the late 80's and sounds like a totally different song. That is probably the version you're thinking of. It has more of an early techno vibe to it with a heavier beat.

If I'm not mistaken, it was remade for that super cheesy movie where the kid wins the surfing competition in the wave pool in Iowa or someplace so he goes to Oahu and learns to surf the big waves on North Shore in a week or two.

Baaaaaaaadddd Pidgen in that movie is what I really remember.
If you can't laugh at yourself, I'll be happy to do it for you.
Be like the cupcake and suck it up.