johndh1

Jan Meyer...29 Again?!?!

I know you are in the middle of the SoCal desert on the way home from Eloy back to Hemet, and it's a little early (except by EST), but I just wanted you to know I remembered that today (10/29) you are 29 Again. I am certain the USPA Executive Committee (Cockroachy-Bowing Skyride Benevolence Committee) sees another year of your life in dread...but as for myself, and my kindred spirits, we are celebrating on your behalf. Sometimes it's hard when you are the smarter minority in a majority of dumbasses...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tlTeQg5YyY

XOXO,
John,
Breckenridge, CO

God Save Jan of Arc...
You people submit your ballots in this month's Parachutist!!!
Roll Tide Roll

The birthday girl is getting my vote once again so she can help keep the BOD and EC within the rules.

Happy Birthday Jan!

I loved your comment in response to Robin Heid's election story in Skydiving Magazine:

"When a member gets on the BOD you do not suddenly become a Borg, a Stepford Wife or a lowly animal on Animal Farm."

:D:D:D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

HBDTY
HBDTY
HBD D J
HBDTY

I hope you win again. We need more people that aren't under the lure of the almighty dollar in the USPA.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

When I started this thread about Jan's birthday celebration, I didn't intend for it to be so political - but I initiated that with my snippy comment I couldn't help (and which I still stand by...but that's for another topic.) This was Jan's day, and I shouldn't have even mentioned the Axis of E(vil)C.

Sometimes I think I need a breathalyzer installed on my keyboard. Given the atmosphere we are in right now in this sport/industry, it seems the opinion bleeds through into everything; every posting I have, every conversation in the vicinity, seems to go back to that subject. I guess that comes from living so close to the fire as I did for years...years when USPA said it wasn't their problem; and when they finally felt the need to do something, they had a following administration that was compromisingly-charactered, questionable, lassoed in-charge, forcing the cowardly and rash decisions unilaterally and in secret. NOT GOOD! That's when one has to take the issue to a more local level to eradicate the problem. Nevertheless...

Still, I say, people, if we give Jan the privilege (that's debatable too) of renewing her position, it will be a far greater benefit to us than it is to her. She's not having fun with this, nor is she throwing her weight around in her position of higher authority, as some have speculated - she is doing all this for us, not herself. Ask yourself why she should care about a personal affront from this scam? She knows. She's not going to be taken by the crooks - however, there are plenty out here who could be. She could decide tomorrow that she doesn't "have a dog in this fight," and quit, and just have fun doing whatever, and get rid of this time-consuming campaign - hopefully for the future of skydiving, she does not make that choice.

What was editorialized about her in "Skydiving" magazine recently was a complete atrocity of ignorance. This person is obviously oblivious to the big picture.

She is a heroine as far as I am concerned, and if you don't agree...well, then, we should talk about something easy, like politics or religion.

You will never convince me she is not the heartbeat of what we do here.

A vote for her is a vote for you.
Roll Tide Roll