Cashmanimal

Anybody good with cats?

My cat started doing that when I started going to the dz. He smelled the dz cats on my shoes and started peeing on stuff.

Now I leave whichever shoes I've worn there outside when I come in, shower and get all dz smell off of me. He doesn't do it anymore. :)
Does your gf jump? Maybe you are bringing that smell into the house.

Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

--Are you serious?!? Vets really believe that Prozac is indicated for a cat that is grumpy about something and craps on the floor? Wow...

Yep. I am surprised at the responses. It is not that big of a deal. The medications are inexpensive and when dosed properly have minimal to no effect on personality. They are only considered, of course, after environmental factors and physiological causes, such as UTIs, are ruled out. One thing I have noticed over the years, is that when the human animal is not happy the cat gets put outside. In most urban, suburban, and rural settings that can leads to very inhumane accidents.

Well, *I* am not opposed to it and I'm very interested in talking to our vet about trying it. When you have two cats with this issue and white carpet, something has to be done. When all else fails (and believe me, I've tried a lot), I'm very willing to try medication.
TPM Sister #102

What are the rugs made of? Wool? Some cats like to pee on wool and others like to suck/nurse on wool. In case anyone was wondering, I've never heard of a cat that likes to do both.

Try putting out little saucers of dry food on the spots she likes to pee on. You may, in the interim, end up with saucers all over the house but cats will not pee where they eat.

Just because a cat is peeing somewhere other than the litter box doesn't mean that the cat has a UTI and, no, those foods do not cure. Foods high in grain (ie: prescription diets) are not at all what a cat is designed to eat and will, in the long run, make the problem worse.
If you can't laugh at yourself, I'll be happy to do it for you.
Be like the cupcake and suck it up.

Hi cash,
'Problem with only "one" cat, try "5!!!" 3 female and 2 male of which one is a "dominant alpha!!" Yup that's my guy Jethro!! Well good luck on dealing with him. Remember, dogs have "owners," cats have "staff!!"
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

I had a problem just like that with my cat Slider when he was a kitten. He pooped right out side his box a couple times the first week after I adopted him. I thought it might just be that he was stressed from being taken away from his foster home but, when I took him to the vet to get him checked out she said he had really hard poop and it probably hurt him to go. She thought that he might be avoiding the litter box since he had a bad experience in there. She also found out that he had worms. She gave him some medication and recommend I try a litter called cat attract. He got treated, I got the litter and a covered cat box and it never happened again:)
I'm not saying that is going on with your cat, but it's another possibility. It's probably a behavior issue but, if it doesn't stop she should call her vet or at least call her local animal rescue group to ask for a professional opinion on what to do:)

Fly like a girl

I have always had two cats and ond day I found a cat turd right in the middle of the bed. I didn't know which cat did it but I took both and stuck it's nose in it and slapped them a bit. Well the one that did it got the message, and it never happened again. The poor cat that was not guilty is probaably still wondering what that was all about.