bigway

Sons of Anarchy

For those that like dark dramas like Breaking bad, the shield, Sopranos...... This show looked really good.
The huge cast involves actors who have all had big tv roles in the past. The acting in this show I found to be very mature and the show is Raw.

About a Californian Motorbike gang with Kate Segal playing her bitchiest role yet and Ron pearlman playing hard man.

I dont think this will be a very mainstream show but it has the potential to be excellent. Appropriate show for FX.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I watched it last night and really enjoyed it! Its set to record on my DVR so I can enjoy the season.

They've done a decent job of getting the vests similar to other 1%er groups too.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

THE NAME ALONE TURNED ME OFF....Come on, 'sons of anarchy'....GAY

Hahahaha, agreed. Also, they're called Sons of Anarchy, but they're all montaged in front of a huge American flag? WTF? I watched some of it, and some of it was good, and I definately like Ron Perlman. It could grow on me I suppose.

On a different note, if anybody has been watching Breaking Bad, that just gets more and more enjoyable to watch. Watching the chemist blow out the dealer's place for beating the shit out of the kid was awesome.

.jim
"Don't touch my fucking Easter eggs, I'll be back monday." ~JTFC

This is a top class show. I hope it sticks around for a while.

They keep introducing new cast and all the new cast are maybe not the most well known actors but they are all known and it seems their roles are tailor made for them.

I use to enjoy the shield and i think Dutch playing the new ATF officer is bang on for him.

I dont really give a shit what people say about how real this may or may not be but i grew up from the age of 14-16 living with a New Zealand/Australian Bike club presidents family (their son was my best mate and i lived at their house) and I feel alot of similarities about the life style, even though it is a different country, same rules, same local feel etc all apply.
I reackon for a tv show this is pretty bang on with a fantastic cast, crew and direction.
I just hope it is not one of those shows that dies before the first season is over. With it being an FX show i am pretty certain this may be around 4 or 5 seasons.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Wow. Just got into this show. Watched some previous episodes on the web then caught it on TV last night. You are right, this is a really good show. Seems to have some things not quite right, like the way they have members showing defference to Gemma, which would never happen in a real MC club, but overall, very good plot.
Will for sure be watching this one.
"I'm not lost. I don't know where I'm going, but there's no sense in being late."
Mathew Quigley

love the show, but is anyone else getting a 'Hamlet' feel from it?

I deal with those guys (a famous big four club) from time to time because of the vintage bike restorations, and a good friend of mine was the Sgt-At-Arms for a local chapter. It's quite realistic in it's portrayals, and in a case of life imitating art, the fictional battle with The Mayans is clearly a take on the current issues with The Mongols in CA.

Of course, it can never be entirely realistic, any more than The Sopranos could be. The club system is closed to all but non members, and no good can come from prying too closely into their dealings. There's a pretty clear line that a non-member can't cross. I like the guys a lot, and they are good fun to have a few beers with, but when club business comes up, it's time for me to go home for a nice hot cup of cocoa.

love the show, but is anyone else getting a 'Hamlet' feel from it?

Yeah, I can see that, from the few times I paid attention in class during English lit B|

The show is OK, I enjoy watching it, the only thing I struggle with is the bad acting in some parts.

But I'm looking forward to the story line to unfold more .... they are keeping it open ended ;)

Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there.

They are keeping the story line open ended, that's another reason why I'm enjoying the show. I can't see the last episode of the show's ending already. Although I have a couple of ideas, there are enough avenues to explore and develop that I could be found wrong.

My thoughts:

There will be an internal club war and one of the prospects will end up taking the reins after people are killed and/or leave in anger. This will be after a really intense war against their rival club and the local SO.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Well i sure as hell dont see any bad acting. This is a first class tv show with every single character introduced having a wealth of acting experience.

I have never seen a show like this before where the full cast of over 20 members are all well experienced actors who have all had lead roles in popular tv shows or movies.

Excellent show. Who cares if it is 100% real or not, its a tv show. Its not a documentary

I think it is really building up for some explosive shit now and before this season is over we will see either the president, his wife or Jack's doctor friend dead. Wars have fatalities and if they can kill dutch off this quickly we will see one of the above mentioned dead before this season wraps up.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Last reply was not directed to you Dave. However, after reading your post i dont know why you say one of the clubs prospects would take the reins, we have only met one prospect, i think we saw two or three on a walk by but that was it. I doubt this prospect will take the reins as that would be the end of the show.
Every other cast member we have met to date has been patched up.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I just realised that this show is not really about anything at all.

There is no plot to it, it kind of just happens.

I think this is what i really like about it, we are not chasing our tales around with tons of questions.

I am really loving how every week they introduce a new character and it is always someone who is a well known actor.

I use to that ron pearlman as an actor but now i find him to be a very strong actor.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store