tcnelson

l and b push the deadline back again

But the hand mount looks unique and very nice, not too wide of webbing and a finger loop appropriate for the index finger only-the way I like it.

Competition will be good, whenever it arrives.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I've been waiting for the altitrack, but I think they may have lost a dyter sale with all these delays. I'll probably end up getting a neptune now and put it in the helmet. I want to get some speed information as I'm trying FF, and an audible.

when they actually release it, I'll see if it offers enough over my alti-3.

You can get used ProTracks for pretty cheap now. I certainly wouldn't get an new Neptune with this expected competition so close at hand.

Do Neptunes allow you to "normalize" your fallrate reading by choosing something similar to L&B's SAS versus TAS settings? I think it is a pretty important feature, but only a couple people even know what the setting means.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I just wish they'd get these products out so I can pick a used Pro Dytter or Pro Track... I'm willing to bet there will be a lot of them in the classifieds when these products are released.
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

... L&B's SAS versus TAS settings? I think it is a pretty important feature, but only a couple people even know what the setting means.

okay, i'll bite, what is the difference between SAS and TAS?
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

Skydiver Air Speed vs. True Air Speed

At higher altitudes the air is thinner - thus less drag - thus you are actually traveling through space faster than you would at lower altitudes.

Thus a TAS airspeed graph would be show a steady reduction in speed as you fell lower and lower and encountered thicker air.

L&B have accounted for this and given us SAS. This eliminates the difference created by the thickening air and shows the airspeed as constant. This is because as skydivers we don't see a change. We might technically be getting slightly slower but we are always pushing through air molecules at the same rate and thus the 'wind' we feel remains constant.

SAS is therefore much more useful to us as it is a measure of what our body is doing relative to its environment rather than of the environment relative to our body.

Using the SAS speed allows you to compare your typical fallrates with others that jump at different elevations, and the comparison will still be valid. The comparison is not valid if you compare TAS numbers.

It is in their manual, page 25:

http://www.l-and-b.dk/pdf/english_protrack.pdf

I am patiently awaiting the release of the VISO. Less patiently than I was 6 months ago, but still :P. I really want to put it on my leg strap for 2 reasons: to have a no-moving-parts alti for 4-way that's not likely to get kicked, and to have a precise visual alti as a training tool to work on my landing approaches. I'd get a Neptune but the things are too damn expensive >:(

I really want to put it on my leg strap for 2 reasons: to have a no-moving-parts alti for 4-way that's not likely to get kicked,

How would you be able to see an alti on your leg while doing 4-way?
(I'm assuming you mean belly 4-way, not a 4-way sit or something)

How would you be able to see an alti on your leg while doing 4-way?

If it is on a wedge pillow, it is convenient to see while tracking and looking behind/to the side for separation.