skydiverbry

Hernia

OK,now has anyone had the exprience of having a hernia? I'm having real bad pain on the right lower side of my groin.Last week after some "strenous exercise"Christine noticed a bump the size of a marble.When she pushed on it, I felt a sharp pain and it went away. The pain subsided for a week,sore though.Yesterday, I was in severe pain,no bump.Any one have something like this? I'm trying to convice myself it's just a muscle strain.[:/]
--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

OK,now has anyone had the exprience of having a hernia? I'm having real bad pain on the right lower side of my groin.Last week after some "strenous exercise"Christine noticed a bump the size of a marble.When she pushed on it, I felt a sharp pain and it went away. The pain subsided for a week,sore though.Yesterday, I was in severe pain,no bump.Any one have something like this? I'm trying to convice myself it's just a muscle strain.[:/]

I have had a hernia such as you describe. Get to a doctor to have it looked at. Not this winter, not next month, go NOW. If it becomes strangulated you can be in pretty sad shape. Strangulated means the guts poke thru and the blood supply gets pinched off.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

Whats it going to hurt you to go to the Dr.? I had an inguinal hernia years back. It didn't hurt. The doctor told me I didn't have to get surgery but suggested it because he said it could get worse and I could need more extensive surgery if it did. I'm thinking if its painful there might have been damage done to the part of the intestines that came through the wall of your muscles in your abdomen, but I'm not a doctor and you should go see your's soon! Just my $.02

OK,from someone whose had one like this and from artwardo I've been talked into at least going on Monday,if it gets worse I'll do the ER thing.Like I have been saying,"I just needed other pepole to tell me what I already know[:/]So,me is off to the Doc Monday Thanks Belgian,Bry
BLUE SKIES

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

needs to be fixed - if becomes incarcerated it will really screw you up. it is an outpatient surgery and recovery is pretty easy. no i haven't had one - but see them all of the time.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Last yr I had an opening that was hard enough that I blew a gasket. I got a lower iguanal hernia out of the deal. It didn't really hurt at first but got more painful and bigger as time passed. I finally had surgery 3 months later, I found out that minor surgery is only minor when it happens to somebody else. I would get it taken care of as soon as possible because they don't get better on their own. It sounds to me by the location you described that it is lower iguanal. No fun dude. Good luck. P.S. I had my surgery in Dec and was back to jumping in Mar.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

Been there done that and had the surgery.
After it's done you will not only feel better but have the piece of mind that comes from knowing it's fixed and ain't gonna pop out on the next hard opening.
Trust me that is really annoying.
Watch my video Fat Women
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRWkEky8GoI

I have a hiatal hernia, have had it for probably 8 years (?) now.

Rolls around in my chest, moves from one side to the other. Doesn't hurt, though, just kinda pisses me off. Got it from riding a thrill ride at the State fair. (Got a borken coccyx from a hard landing, didn't go to the Dr. for that, either!)
"Get these balls!"

Sounds like the same thing I had. My bump was about the size of a golf ball. Fairly large. Sharp pain when pushed on. Doc is gonna look at it and go yup you did it. Then try to push it back in place and cause a lot of pain then tell you surgery is in your future. The surgery is easy as hell. Mine was outpatient, started at 7am and was home by noon. It was a bitch trying to sit up for about 7-10 days. It's no big deal and the pain was minimal. Good luck and heal fast.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Senator Paul Tsongas (former pres. candidate) found a lump in his groin while showering. He was middle-aged. Turned out to be cancer. Scott Hamilton (olympic figure skating champion) felt a lump around his testicles at age 39. Turned out to be testicular cancer. Early detection and treatment saved his life.

To the OP: get the fuck to a doctor's office.

Had an inguianal hernia that started like you describe. I kept pushing it back up for about 7 months knowing that it would require surgery. When I finally got the repair, they put in Prolene or Marlex mesh so it will never rip out again.

Go to the doc and don't forget to call the insurance co and get pre-approved or whatever they call it.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

Well,to all I do have the hernia.It is going to be repaired on Dec.1st.Thanks for all the push to go to the Doc.I went that nite to ER and it was a "muscle strain",but I did the follow up with my surgeon and no strain,Hernia
BLUE SKIES
Bry

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

So how are you doing at this point..post op? Did you have an open surgery or the laproscopic?

Did your surgeon tell you if jumping would, or would not pose a risk of reinjury?

I had an open repair done in 1995 on my left side, and a laproscopic repair on my right in 2005...so I feel your pain[:/]