CanuckInUSA

My 17 year old cat died this morning

Thanks for the kind words folks. This is the first time someone who lived with me, someone who depended on me for 15 years passed away and it is not easy. I know at least one of the people who replied to me had to experience this with their own child and I can only imagine what they went through.

Scratchy will be cremated and next summer I will take her ashes on a jump and release them into the skies.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Sooooo sorry for your loss CanuckInUSA.:(:(I have a cat that's been my constant buddy since 1994. He's been with me through the dissappearance of his brother in 1996, a divorce, a marriage, my mom, dad and older brother dying, and he even saved my life last summer with his constant nudging me back to consciousness when I was passed out on the ground from heat prostration.:oI have always taken extra measures to insure his health but, like me, he's starting to really showing his age.:D:( Just remember, if it wasn't for the love and care you provided for your cat all those years, she would never have made it that long.

My wife and I just got back form delivering a pickup load of supplies to a no kill animal shelter close to where we live. There are way too many animals there that need a home, however, those guys are the lucky ones. If you decide to replace her, please go to your local municipal animal shelter and pick out a replacement kitty before that replacement is put down.:(:(:(

The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

Very sorry to read of your loss. Maybe she wasn't crying for help, but waking you up because she knew she had to go and let you know she was leaving.

Animals are intuitive like that you know.

I think Max has the right of it. Cats have a huge tolerance for pain. She was much more likely to be telling you goodbye than asking for help. She wanted to connect before she left.

17 years is a long life for your friend.
Owned by Remi #?

I'm sorry for your loss. It is never easy- I've been there a few times over the past several years.

Take some time to grieve for her and find the friends who will be sympathetic when you need to talk about it. Not everyone will understand she was more than "just a cat" to you.