shermanator

I'm waiting for a call or email, and it's killing me!

I've interviewed for a job with Chevron, and now I should be hopefully hearing from them this week. If I am going to be offered the job, I will receive a phone call. If not, then I should get an email. They interviewed 200, and are hiring 25. Not very good chances, but It would improve our living conditions. Going from $15 to $24 an hour would relieve so much financial stress that I am going through.

*just had to vent*
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

I've interviewed for a job with Chevron, and now I should be hopefully hearing from them this week. If I am going to be offered the job, I will receive a phone call. If not, then I should get an email. They interviewed 200, and are hiring 25. Not very good chances, but It would improve our living conditions. Going from $15 to $24 an hour would relieve so much financial stress that I am going through.

*just had to vent*

Vent acknowledge ... go get them !
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

*just had to vent*

Come join my union. Have ya working in SF/ SD area in no time. Have to go to school whilst working for the first 5 yrs. tho. Hey Vinnie. 100K a yr. :P
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Come join my union. Have ya working in SF/ SD area in no time. Have to go to school whilst working for the first 5 yrs. tho. Hey Vinnie. 100K a yr. :P

What do you do?
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

*just had a venti*

Well, no wonder you're twitchy!!! :P

Good luck!!

I hate Starbucks - you should go to Coffee Express next time. They don't try to make you speak another language to get a cup of Joe.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

*just had a venti*

Well, no wonder you're twitchy!!! :P

Good luck!!

I hate Starbucks - you should go to Coffee Express next time. They don't try to make you speak another language to get a cup of Joe.

I despise them, but there's really not much other choice when traveling. What the draw of overpriced, burnt coffee is is beyond me.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

tried to go union. I was trying to be an electrician, couldn't pass the LA ibew test. passed the orange county ibew test, and 4 months later got a letter stating I sould get another letter for an interview. Called them several times, and the only answer I would get was "interviews are held once a year, in August" .. They wouldn't even take my name or anything.. August rolled around *10 months after I took the initial test* And I hear nothing. Tried calling, and again, got nowhere. Applied for the cal/nevada linemens union, met the requirements, but did horrible on the interview, so didn't get into that. My stepdad is in sheetmetal union, and loves it. I know there are benefits, and I think if I get the chevron job, it is union, but let me tell you.. the oc ibew training trust has me discouraged about unions. Seems they all cry about needing people, but make it impossible to get in.

so, what union are you in?
CSA #720

tried to go union. I was trying to be an electrician, couldn't pass the LA ibew test. passed the orange county ibew test, and 4 months later got a letter stating I sould get another letter for an interview. Called them several times, and the only answer I would get was "interviews are held once a year, in August" .. They wouldn't even take my name or anything.. August rolled around *10 months after I took the initial test* And I hear nothing. Tried calling, and again, got nowhere. Applied for the cal/nevada linemens union, met the requirements, but did horrible on the interview, so didn't get into that. My stepdad is in sheetmetal union, and loves it. I know there are benefits, and I think if I get the chevron job, it is union, but let me tell you.. the oc ibew training trust has me discouraged about unions. Seems they all cry about needing people, but make it impossible to get in.

so, what union are you in?

I passed the LA ibew test in march of last year (08) and had the interview last week. I also passed the interview and was THEN told - "If you don't hear from us you can reapply in another two years" wtf??
It makes no sense to me why they even bother holding tests/interviews when there are no jobs to go to.
Just for the record I've passed other union exams and got absolutely nowhere after them, (not just electrician either).

glad I'm not the only one who seems the unions are making no sense in that regard. I was thinking the la ibew would actually go somewhere if I passed the test, guess I was wrong.

Union workers... .. they HATE 'scabs' , but try to join, and you can't. gotta love em, right?:S

CSA #720