stevebabin

Violent People at the DZ

Hypothetically-
You have a person at the dropzone that has been threatening other jumpers the last few months, and finally acted on his threats by attacking a fellow jumper.
The attack takes place off the dz(while the victim was driving the attacker's drunk ass home from the dz), and was unprovoked.

What should be done?

(edited for clarity)
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

Depends on the situation.

If everybody likes the guy but lately he has become a dick, try to talk him into some counseling.

If he has always been an ass 100% of the time, file assualt charges, get a restraining order and ban him from the DZ.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

I thought the attacker was driving the attackee home due to a drunken stupor.
Much like the one I'm working on.
;)

That would make the most sense.
I read "the victim was driving his drunk ass home"
I guess "his drunk ass" was referring to the violent guy.

Answer:
File charges.
My photos

My Videos

So the violent person attacked a drunk driver?

I guess they are both fucking stupid.

Or Did I read that wrong? was the violent person drunk?

You read it how I read it. Why would you let a person drive you home who had made threats to you? Sounds like two idiots to me.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

;)

The passenger(drunk attacker)
The driver(sober attackee)
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."

;)

So the sober guy was driving the drunk attacker home? The same drunk attacker who has been making threats to the sober driver ... If the sober driver is dumb enough to take the drunk attacker home, I would just say "FUCK THEM BOTH". Are they friends or something? Maybe they just need to work all of this out between the two of them.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

Sounds more like the attacker took advantage of the situation with a drunk attackee.

yea...either the "favor" is returned in kind quietly....or charges are filed...which it sounds like it may be too late to do.
hmmm....

Time for a "come to Jesus" meeting with said attacker.
;)

Hypothetically-
You have a person at the dropzone that has been threatening other jumpers the last few months, and finally acted on his threats by attacking a fellow jumper.
The attack takes place off the dz(while the victim was driving his drunk ass home from the dz), and was unprovoked.

What should be done?

B.O.B talk
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

;)

So the sober guy was driving the drunk attacker home? The same drunk attacker who has been making threats to the sober driver ... If the sober driver is dumb enough to take the drunk attacker home, I would just say "FUCK THEM BOTH". Are they friends or something? Maybe they just need to work all of this out between the two of them.

Yes, they were friends.

The attacker had threatened physical violence to at least 3 fellow jumpers, not just the "sober, designated driver, attackee", in the previous months.

This is all hypothetical, of course.:D

Back in the day in the Navy...eerily similar situation.
Asshole purposefully got another sailor drunk only to get him tattooed with something embarrassing....
We as a group kindly returned the favor the following weekend by paying for his double shots of Tequila all night long...dumb ass could hardly stand...well almost.
We dropped him at the local bus station with a "free" ticket "home".
8 hours of bus trip later...he was 4 days away from understanding his situation and getting back to base to face charges of AWAL.
Karma IS a bitch.

Back in the day in the Navy...eerily similar situation.
Asshole purposefully got another sailor drunk only to get him tattooed with something embarrassing....
We as a group kindly returned the favor the following weekend by paying for his double shots of Tequila all night long...dumb ass could hardly stand...well almost.
We dropped him at the local bus station with a "free" ticket "home".
8 hours of bus trip later...he was 4 days away from understanding his situation and getting back to base to face charges of AWAL.
Karma IS a bitch.

:D:D:D yep Karma is a bitch. Sometimes I think we have to help it out a little. just a little nudge sometimes. . ;)
I'm not the rope totin charlie Bronson wanna be that's getting us fucking lost.