stevebabin

Violent People at the DZ

Hypothetically, here's what went down:;)

Saturday, in the office at the DZ, Irish was trying to teach Casey how to wave-off. He ommitted telling her the part about being able to look up and see if there's anyone above you. I chimed in from across the room (12-15 people in the office) and explained real quick about looking up, so that you're not opening beneath anyone.

The night progresses. Irish gets snockered. When it's time to go home, I take his drunk ass to our motel.

On the way there, he starts talking about what happened with Casey earlier in the day. It's obviously gotten under his skin.He becomes more and more agitated, until when I'm pulling into the motel parking lot, he hits me in the face. Yes, while I'm driving. I slam on the brakes and put an elbow into his face. It becomes a wrestling match in the cab of my truck until I can get the truck in park and open my door to get away. His feet were still in the passenger side, and he gets out that side. I get back into the truck and start driving.
I drive around the building, back to the front where this all took place. I was thinking, "wtf was that shit about?". I open my door as he is approaching the truck...I asked him "wtf is wrong with you?"....He steps to my door(I'm seated in the drivers seat) and connects with a punch to my face. Now, I'm dazed, sitting there bleeding(I'm on coumadin) and trying to catch my breath. He's outside the truck telling me to get out so he can kick my ass...
I tell him to go to bed, and I drive off leaving him standing there. I park in front of my room, and he's walking toward me as I'm getting out of the truck, I turn to face him and again say-"Greg, go to bed", to which he says..."I'm going to bed." He walks past my truck and around the building to his room.
The left side of my face is swollen and sore, the left side of both lips is split and swollen, my forehead is scraped up, and my right eye has blood in the white of it.

He has threatened violence before with Jojo, Batdan, and Me ("I'll punch you square in the face, Dude" or "I will kick your ass") He threatened BatDan earlier that night.

He has some stressful things in his life at the moment, business wise. He certainly has some serious control and anger issues that he can't seem to get his hands around.

He's claimed to his family that I hit him first, which to anyone that knows us both knows that that's laughable.

"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

Hypothetically, here's what went down:;)

Saturday, in the office at the DZ, Irish was trying to teach Casey...I chimed in from across the room...

-Whoever the I is had no damn business chiming in anything while somebody is trying to teach.

-The motel incident is nothing more than an oh-so-cute lover's spat.

-The threatening people at the DZ is a bannable offense. Ban the sucker or quit crying and whining.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

The I is me.

Irish has no business trying to teach in the first place-he's not even a coach, much less an instructor. If he (or anyone else) omits a critical step, like looking above you when you pull, you better believe I'm going to speak up.

No lovers spat. I thought I was getting my drunk friend to his room safely, and he attacked me.

It's not my DZ....Not my call to ban him or not. That would be up to the DZO.

I'm posting all this shit to make him think twice about threatening or attacking anyone in the future.

I'm not resorting to violence to accomplish it.
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."

my drunk friend

OK that clarifies it. Being originally a Northerner, I'm a believer in filing charges against violent non-friends. But yeah, I'd probably make an exception for a friend. That being said, he'd be an ex-friend. Zero tolerance for violence. When he sees all his friends peeling off, he might get himself some help. If he's a close friend, give him a "get help" ultimatum, explain that you're not going to see or speak to him for some time (say, 3 months ... whatever), and why, and then make it stick. Hopefully in the long run you'll be helping him. But you need to get a chronically abusive friend out of your life. Been there, got the t-shirt.

my drunk friend

OK that clarifies it. Being originally a Northerner, I'm a believer in filing charges against violent non-friends. But yeah, I'd probably make an exception for a friend. That being said, he'd be an ex-friend. Zero tolerance for violence. When he sees all his friends peeling off, he might get himself some help. If he's a close friend, give him a "get help" ultimatum, explain that you're not going to see or speak to him for some time (say, 3 months ... whatever), and why, and then make it stick. Hopefully in the long run you'll be helping him. But you need to get a chronically abusive friend out of your life. Been there, got the t-shirt.

Sounds like rational advice. Thank you.

my drunk friend

Yeah...like I said, volunteer to pack for him. ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Hypothetically, let's call him Irish.

Yes, hard to believe, a Drunk, beligerant Irishman...;)

Dude. Not cool. :|

I'm Irish. I'm allowed.:|

I realize it's not precisely your point, but:

Genetically inherited diseases do sometimes get concentrated within ethnic groups or similar sub-sets due to repeated intra-marriage. Sickle cell anemia is one example. Tay-Sachs disease is another. So is hemophilia. And so is alcoholism. Pointing it out does not necessarily make one bigoted against blacks, Jews, European royalty or Irish.

Genetically inherited diseases do sometimes get concentrated within ethnic groups or similar sub-sets due to repeated intra-marriage. Sickle cell anemia is one example. Tay-Sachs disease is another. So is hemophilia. And so is alcoholism. Pointing it out does not necessarily make one bigoted against blacks, Jews, European royalty or Irish.

Pointing out the drunk part doesn't. Calling them belligerent does.

I know your avatar is small but when I see it all I see is this guy. http://www.tvguide.com/images/pgimg/house-morse47.jpg
Any relation? :D

People say we look alike, but I don't see it.
No relation.
I like his acting.

Pointing out the drunk part doesn't. Calling them belligerent does.

To state the obvious, drunk people are more prone to being belligerent than sober people.
Cheers!
Please don't punch me.