iluvtofly

Slightly Different situation than c10edges

So I'm kinda in the same situation but at the same time not really.

So, due to the fact that I had put in to be part-time in anticipation of the new job I ended up not getting I have the entire week off. I'm working today but then not again until Friday night.

What am I going to do all week????

I plan on spending a couple hours every day at the gym and a couple hours looking for a job in Florida. But that still leaves a hell of alot of free time. I can't really afford to go snowboarding which is what I would love to do with this time off but oh well. I also can't really afford to drive anywhere. So any ideas other than postwhoring all week? :D:D

(At least if this would have happened during the summer I could've hung out at the DZ but it's closed for the winter. :()

Clean. I mean really clean.

Or - I don't know what part of town you live in, but start walking around the neighborhood and see what you can find. I live in a very nice part of Houston (near the Galleria for those that are familiar) and I can walk to a Starbucks, a Container Store, Central Market, etc. - All kinds of fun things to keep me entertained.

Hopefully you don't live out in BFE. :|

Hopefully you don't live out in BFE.

I do live in town but it's redneck Western Pennsyltucky. Not a whole lot to do. I do plan on one day walking to the park in town (assuming it at least warms up to double digits this week). But other than that there is nothing else in town besides wal-mart. There is a large outlet mall but I don't have any money to spend there so I'm not even going to tempt myself by just walking around there.

make paper airplanes, watch a lot of youtube, start to learn another language, draw pictures, write stories, kite your canopy (assuming there's wind) hang out at the public library, call old friends, build a model, make a claymation movie (if you have a digital camera with a viewing feature and of course....clay) clean things (as mentioned above) play board games, put together a puzzle. go to a nursing home and find out what all the old people do with their time. possibilities are only limited by your imagination and willingness to do things

Clean. I mean really clean

Yep. Get your place completely ready for move-out. Go to the grocery store for boxes (banana boxes are a great size, and are strong) and pack stuff that you won't need until summer. That way when you do get a job in Florida (or leave anyway), you'll be so ready that you won't have to worry about whether you have enough time.

Clean your car as well; get it to where it feels good just to sit in there. That's not quite as pleasant when it's cold out, so you might want to wait for a sunny day for that one :P

And build up a skill that will help you get a job in Florida. Read about it, learn about it -- the person who studied and prepared generally does better on the job interviews than the one who just wings it.

Make a list of these things -- even if you're not a list person, it'll help you keep track of the stuff that you want to have done before you move.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I hope you find something. Being this is my first winter, it really sucks. What I did last night was order The Full HD by DSE because i am starting my transition to taking video this spring. This should entertain me. I like the cleaning idea, but my room is spotless and nothing to clean. Let me know if you find anything cheap and that I might be able to do. Good luck.

To you and c10edges. Check out Geocaching.com.

I don't do as much as I use to but it will fill in some time,get you outside and get you some exercise. It can get boring in the urban areas cause some people have no imagination but you can also use it for a reason to take a hike or drive somewhere you have never been.

Take out a map and look at all the places you have never been. Go for a drive.