RALFFERS

Has this ever happened to you?!?!?!

So, I have another friend from high school that found me on Facebook; I haven't seen this guy in at least 10 years. At first, the name in the e-mail friend request didn't ring any bells, but as soon as I saw the picture I remembered that I know him....the thing is I don't remember anything. I know I know him, and I recognize him, but that's it.... [:/] has such memory loss ever happened to you? Is this sort of memory loss even normal? I feel shocked to say the least.
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

has such memory loss ever happened to you?

Yeah, my high school reunion brought a lot of this about with me.

Is this sort of memory loss even normal?

Couldn't tell you. I'm definitely not the touch stone in regards to normal.:D
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Maybe you didn't know him all that well and that is why you are having a hard time remembering him.

Maybe that's why. At least I'm not alone in this (thanks for sharing your experience, Dave).

I just don't wanna seem like a dick when I reply to his message--"dude, I remember you, but I don't..."

So, I have another friend from high school that found me on Facebook; I haven't seen this guy in at least 10 years. At first, the name in the e-mail friend request didn't ring any bells, but as soon as I saw the picture I remembered that I know him....the thing is I don't remember anything. I know I know him, and I recognize him, but that's it.... [:/] has such memory loss ever happened to you? Is this sort of memory loss even normal? I feel shocked to say the least.

Totally!! I remember that all the time and it happens with me as well. I'll recognize him and then he'll recognize me at first, but then we're like.. Oh, you know. I thought, I was the only one, but it's good to know that I'm not. Nice.

Well, I was hitting on a chick in a nightclub one night, when she got a funny look on her face and asked:

"You don't remember me, do you?"

We had a fling almost 10 years earlier. Does that count?[:/]

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

It just now hit me...this guy & I had Navy ROTC together... Cool thing also is, browsing his friends list (being nosy) I found another person I used to hand out a lot with. She has kids now though :o (I really shouldn't be surprised).

Well, I was hitting on a chick in a nightclub one night, when she got a funny look on her face and asked:

Was your next line "How was I?"???:P

Well, since she gave me the brushoff, I'm not sure I would have wanted to hear the answer.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Well, since she gave me the brushoff, I'm not sure I would have wanted to hear the answer.[:/]

At least she didn't show ya a pic of a 10 year old rug-rat! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

She gave you the brush-off cuz you didn't fukkin' remember her.
Not recognizing That Girl From Back When is like saying, "Oh, sorry; you used to look nice, but ... uh... I mean...uh....you''re just...uh .... different .. you know, with clothes and all ....uh...".
Got the t-shirt.

Not recognizing That Girl From Back When is like saying, "Oh, sorry; you used to look nice, but ... uh... I mean...uh....you''re just...uh .... different .. you know, with clothes and all ....uh...".
Got the t-shirt.

No, she brushed me of ten years earlier.

Got the t-shirt.

No, she brushed me of ten years earlier.

:|
Oh.
See, when you said, "We had a fling almost 10 years earlier.", I thought you meant that almost 10 years earlier, you & she had a fling. Not that the fling was an almost thing.

So a few months ago, I'm at a deposition. In the room, there's me, the witness, another (male) attorney, who's in his late 30's, and the (female) stenographer, who's about his age. During a break, she turns to him and says,
"Didn't you used to go to [name] College?"
Him: "Yeah."
Her: "You used to hang around in [dorm building], right?"
Him: "Yep."
Her: "Yeah, I thought I recognized you."
After the depo, he and I are walking together back to our cars, and he says to me, "I think I might have had sex with her."

I just don't wanna seem like a dick when I reply to his message--"dude, I remember you, but I don't..."

Why? If you don't remember, what good does "faking it" do?

Sure ya can buy some time to jog the memory, but if you get caught, you look like a lying dick. :S
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

she must not have made much of an impession if you didn't remember her;)
Experience is a difficult teacher, she gives you the test first and the lesson afterward