Tuna-Salad

My cat got injured this weekend.. (Possible Humor)

Tuna 1:1
Sometime around 6 on saturday evening my chick starts freaking out and yelling at me that the cat cut her foot and was bleeding everywhere. So I'm thinking no big deal.. Anyway cat cut foot really bad.. could see tendons and meat. Girlfriend is hysterical at the sight of blood.. demands to go to vet. We do not have $ to go to vet... I dress the cat with a gauze pad, put a 2x2 bandaid around that to keep on said gauze pad wrap that in gauze *of course* and cut the end off a sock to put around arm in the hopes she won't chew on it.. yea. She bleeds thru all that. Mind you this was a tight dressing.

Tuna 1:2
We go to aforementioned vet cat pees all over the girlfriend in HER car. Vet staff take her instantly we dont see kitty for 10 minutes, they come out and say its not looking good catm apparently crashed and lost a lot of blood took a long time to stop the bleeding. Had to put a restricting band on upper arm. Tuna gets lecture on waiting but is comended for good medical care. Half an hour maybe.. cat is stable and responsive. Tendons, nerves, muscle, ligaments everything was cut, and it was of surgical quality says doc.

Tuna 1:3
While waiting Tuna is forced to accompany girlfriend to nearby Target to buy pants and a shirt to replace those that cat pissed on earlier. All this time she insists that I stay close so that it might appear the stench is coming from me instead. B| Oh my god the looks people gave us...

Tuna 1:4
Cat is fine now... appears to be in good spirits and hobbling around. Cone on neck looks quite good I might get one for myself. Tuna keeps kitty drugged on pain meds as per doctor instructions. In the hours following the incident an investigation revealed that our now $700 cat had broken a glass flower pot on the porch and was cut by one of the pieces. Saturday night was spent scrubbing the carpet to remove multiple blood stains.

Tuna 1:5
Are you really still reading this??
Millions of my potential children died on your daughters' face last night.

Could have been worse.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz-sC-vSIXk
WARNING NOT FOR CAT LOVERS THAT CAN'T TAKE A JOKE OR HAVE SOMETHING UP THEIR BUTT. RELAX IT'S FAKE.

OMG! That poor cat! How could you post such a thing???

I mean, now they cannot use the kitty for fishing any more!:D:D:D
I have never developed indigestion from eating my words.
Winston Churchill

I said that too... Is diff when you have a girlfriend that might as well be teh wife insisting on it. At first they said it was $450 then girl came out and said she crashed and had lost a lot of blood and I said stuff just got much more expensive. I got the evil eye for saying things like "what the fuck, do you know how many jumps I could of done for $700?";)
I could of bought a new used canopy maybe..
It was actually $692 so I am rounding up.

Millions of my potential children died on your daughters' face last night.

beat's the $4000.00 I had to spend on my cat after a low cost spay and nueter place fucked up when they tied off her uterus. So feel better.. I would have been happy with $700.00. [:/] And to anyone that asks if I have a gun yes but only to shoot people not animals. :P

I'm not the rope totin charlie Bronson wanna be that's getting us fucking lost.

beat's the $4000.00 I had to spend on my cat after a low cost spay and nueter place fucked up when they tied off her uterus. So feel better.. I would have been happy with $700.00. [:/] And to anyone that asks if I have a gun yes but only to shoot people not animals. :P

You know putting the animal down would mean more jumps right?

Actually that would have meant a rig for me at the time, but I wouldn't feel right spending the money on something materialistic when it would have meant the death of my cat. Plus Karma has a way of biting you in the ass. ;) So oh well, I'll make it up somehow. When I start making 6 figures $4000.00 will be pocket change. :D

Tuna 1:1
Sometime around 6 on saturday evening my chick starts freaking out and yelling at me that the cat cut her foot and was bleeding everywhere. So I'm thinking no big deal.. Anyway cat cut foot really bad.. could see tendons and meat. Girlfriend is hysterical at the sight

PS you probably could have gotten away with 200 had you not waited. Tendons and meat. that should have given a clue. ;)

Sheesh... the things people will do to keep a little pussy around...:ph34r::P

Sheesh! $700 for pussy! That IS pricey. I can show you where to get some for $20. But you will need to supply your own penicillin shot afterward.

Tuna, hope Kittah is better now.:)
I have never developed indigestion from eating my words.
Winston Churchill

But less humps-pick your battles

Or a better sniper rifle!:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

www.carecredit.com

www.aspcapetinsurance.com

My vet bill solutions.

I put the vet bills on the care credit card, which gives me zero interest for at least 3 months (up to 12 months, depending on the amount of the vet bills).

Then, I send the bills to ASPCA Pet Insurance. They then send me a check for 80% of the average charge for those vet services in my area (they're usually within a few bucks of what my vet actually charges). I use the check from ASPCA to pay off the care credit card, and with the monthly payment I've already made on the card, it's paid off within the 3 month zero interest period.

The ASPCA health insurance plan even covers routine care like exams and vaccines. I've saved all my vet bills and statements for the last year and a half, and I've pretty much broken even on the insurance premiums versus the amount I've gotten back from the insurance, but if either of the critters gets really sick, they'll pay up to $5000 per incident, and $13,000 per year.

If your girl is like me and will pay anything as long as it's what's best for the critter, pet insurance is a good thing to have, because the question she's asking herself isn't "Is it worth the money?" It's "How am I gonna get the money?" With Care Credit and ASPCA, you don't have to worry. Do NOT, under any circumstances, get VPI pet insurance. They SUCK.

www.carecredit.com

www.aspcapetinsurance.com

My vet bill solutions.

I put the vet bills on the care credit card, which gives me zero interest for at least 3 months (up to 12 months, depending on the amount of the vet bills).

Then, I send the bills to ASPCA Pet Insurance. They then send me a check for 80% of the average charge for those vet services in my area (they're usually within a few bucks of what my vet actually charges). I use the check from ASPCA to pay off the care credit card, and with the monthly payment I've already made on the card, it's paid off within the 3 month zero interest period.

The ASPCA health insurance plan even covers routine care like exams and vaccines. I've saved all my vet bills and statements for the last year and a half, and I've pretty much broken even on the insurance premiums versus the amount I've gotten back from the insurance, but if either of the critters gets really sick, they'll pay up to $5000 per incident, and $13,000 per year.

If your girl is like me and will pay anything as long as it's what's best for the critter, pet insurance is a good thing to have, because the question she's asking herself isn't "Is it worth the money?" It's "How am I gonna get the money?" With Care Credit and ASPCA, you don't have to worry. Do NOT, under any circumstances, get VPI pet insurance. They SUCK.

That's good to know I was looking at VPI last week. :)

VPI has a "fee schedule" and if it's not on their list (and a ton of stuff isn't), they don't pay, and when they do pay, it's at a nationwide, set rate, which is really low, especially if you live in a high cost of living area. ASPCA will pay for anything except three or four no-nos like organ transplants, and they actually survey the vets in your area and pay 80% of average cost (which, in my experience is dead on, and I live in a pretty pricey area of California, and my vet is one of the more expensive ones).

For example, VPI pays a little over $20 for a tooth cleaning. My vet charges a lot more than that, once you include anesthesia (which VPI says isn't necessary, BTW). I think the bill was around $230, and the insurance paid $180 or so.

Every person I've met who hated their pet insurance had VPI. Everyone I've met who loved it had ASPCA. My vet had the same experience, and they've actually pulled all the VPI brochures from their counter, and replaced them with photocopies from the ASPCA website. I've had them for a year and a half now, and I have absolutuely no complaints, and have had no problems with getting them to cover anything at all.

It's a lot of peace of mind, too. When my dog was sick, they thought it might be parvo, even though he was vaccinated, and they wanted to do a test, and warned me it was expensive. It was easy to say "do whatever you need. We have insurance", knowing I could put the couple hundred dollar (or even couple thousand dollar, if need be) vet bill on Care Credit, and pay it off when the insurance check came in 4-6 weeks.