ACMESkydiver

Fitness Thread Is BACK! =)

Hey I'm starting this up again, 'cause I need to lose some more weight prior to July 2nd! B|

So anyhoo, this week I Zumba'd on Monday. Tuesday I had to take Joey to the ER so I missed my 9:30 step 'n lift :S, Wednesday I went to the gym but was having issues so I ended up doing just 7 minutes on the treadmill and sitting in the sauna for 30 minutes. Thursday I did my step 'n lift, and this morning I zumba'd again! :)
I've been eating fairly well, except for probably one slip per day, which is really no big deal!

Weight...well, I'm kinda still up and down the same 2 pounds this week, so I'm not stressin' over it.

How about all y'all? :P
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Finally got my butt off the couch and started lifting weights again.
With the weather warming up a little, the sidewalks are now clear and me and the dog went for real walks this week. 1 mi on Sat and Sun, 2 on Mon and Tues, 3+ Wed, Thur and today. When it was way cold and with snow and ice all over we didn't do more than a lap around the block two or three times a day.

I'm not so much concerned about the weight as I am about my conditioning and muscle/flab situation. My gut got big this winter and my condition went down the tubes.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

i do a morning workout every day, usually a run, or some kind of core class. friday afternoon is sports afternoon.
gotta love the army, forced to work out ya know :)
good on ya getting back into it, just remember a good healthy diet is needed too.....and its NOT cutting out the food, food is your friend, just the right types.

also if anyone is looking for a good program, there is a few at work trying the P90X program...it is a bit costly so its not a bad idea to get a few people to split on the cost. the workouts are really tough but the meal plan is nice and simple, really easy to follow with good stuff to eat.

cheers and best of luck ACME, it can be tough but stick at it!!!

The Altitude above you, the runway behind you, and the fuel not in the plane are totally worthless
Dudeist Skydiver # 10

Finally got my butt off the couch and started lifting weights again.
With the weather warming up a little, the sidewalks are now clear and me and the dog went for real walks this week. 1 mi on Sat and Sun, 2 on Mon and Tues, 3+ Wed, Thur and today. When it was way cold and with snow and ice all over we didn't do more than a lap around the block two or three times a day.

I'm not so much concerned about the weight as I am about my conditioning and muscle/flab situation. My gut got big this winter and my condition went down the tubes.

Awright! Well have fun with doggie. B| Now that we are (hopefully) thawing out for good up here, I have to fix my flat tire on my bike and make my 13 mile ride a habit. B|
~Jaye

i do a morning workout every day, usually a run, or some kind of core class. friday afternoon is sports afternoon.
gotta love the army, forced to work out ya know :)

I loved every part of my army workouts EXCEPT running. B| Eegad, did I hate running...:(

good on ya getting back into it, just remember a good healthy diet is needed too.....and its NOT cutting out the food, food is your friend, just the right types.

also if anyone is looking for a good program, there is a few at work trying the P90X program...it is a bit costly so its not a bad idea to get a few people to split on the cost. the workouts are really tough but the meal plan is nice and simple, really easy to follow with good stuff to eat.

cheers and best of luck ACME, it can be tough but stick at it!!!

Is the P90X the thing that's shown on TV all the time? That looked cool!

I have a ton of trainers at my gym that help me out. They are always asking if they can reprogram me...and it's free, so it's all good! B|

Actually I think they feel bad seeing me work so hard and not getting anywhere...:D My own damn fault. It's hard to eat healthy when money is this tight. We go through a lot of freakin' Bisquick & pasta, and it's hard to leave that stuff alone when we don't have a whole bunch of alternatives.

Here's what I'm working on though:

These things I can get from my husband's business, so I get them inexpensively and they are AWESOME for nutrition:

protein powders
Protein shakes
100 calorie snack bars
Protein bars
'Fitness' cookies
Sugar-free energy drinks
Sugar-free sport drinks
Oxygen water

These things I figure I can fill in the gaps for not so much money:

Eggs (I buy them 15 dozen at a time)
Low fat cottage cheese
Low fat yogurt
Whole wheat bread
'Smart Ground' soy crumbles -those are just like ground beef, but super low fat and good protein
shredded lettuce & a lower-fat cheese, to combine with soy crumbles & make an AWESOME taco salad. B|

If fruit enters this house, it is devoured within 2 days by the 6 kids, so I have NO chance at getting any of that. Same with peppers & tomatoes. I LOVE peppers & tomatoes, but they are pricey and they get used up in 1 meal with 10 people here. :S
~Jaye

every other day I do 30 min./2 mile fast pace walks on a 5 minute fast walk/1 minute sprint ratio. And every day I do about 100 pushups, 150 crunches, and planks for 3/2/1 intervals with a weight on my back. Plus an awesome diet: carb and fruit rich breakfast, small snack, normal lunch, small snack and dinner and no carbs at all 5 hours before bed

During the spring/summer/fall I go trail running with my dog in place of the normal thing but still do all the pushups and ab workouts. Oh and i usually lift here and there to stay a little toned
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.

every other day I do 30 min./2 mile fast pace walks on a 5 minute fast walk/1 minute sprint ratio. And every day I do about 100 pushups, 150 crunches, and planks for 3/2/1 intervals with a weight on my back. Plus an awesome diet: carb and fruit rich breakfast, small snack, normal lunch, small snack and dinner and no carbs at all 5 hours before bed

During the spring/summer/fall I go trail running with my dog in place of the normal thing but still do all the pushups and ab workouts. Oh and i usually lift here and there to stay a little toned

Sounds like you've got it down!

Trails would be fun. Someday I might check them out around here myself...
~Jaye

Wow, you rock Mama!

I lost about 20 lbs last year... still another 20 to go... but I'm still pretty lazy. Steve works out every night and has already lost 12 pounds - I keep telling him that he's going to be fighting off all the ladies pretty soon! :ph34r:

Good job!

g

"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Now that we are (hopefully) thawing out for good up here, I have to fix my flat tire on my bike and make my 13 mile ride a habit. B|

Yeah, I spent a lot of time on the bike last summer.

It was lots of fun to ride past the gas station;)

I've seen a couple out so far, but it's still too icy/slippery for me.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

yes im pretty sure they do advertise it on tv....either way it really does work, im actually pretty impressed with how well it works, the exercises require a lot of coordination which i dont have lol. The meals that are in the package alone makes it worth wild.

the funny thing is, running isnt the best exercise, its pretty hard on the body, core classes, weights, and cardio on bikes and stuff.

just with ur diet, sounds pretty good, you can always try supplements either herbal or harsh chemical....not always the best idea but if the directions are followed they can help (herbal is the best way to go) or even green tea is a great way to clear ur body of toxins. The sugar free stuff is kinda a bad point...sugar free is good so long as its not replaced with an artificial sweetner....they are hard on the body.

Just dont starve urself!!!!!! food is your friend, if you dont eat right your body will go into starvation mode and store EVERYTHING you eat as fat....3 well balanced meals a day along with healthy snacks inbetween and ur good to go :)
cheers!!!

The Altitude above you, the runway behind you, and the fuel not in the plane are totally worthless
Dudeist Skydiver # 10

And one other thing, good on everyone for putting in the effort!!!!!!!!!

it can sometimes be hard to find the time but its important for the body to stay healthy and active, even if you dont physically see the results you are doing good, you are increasing you cardio strength and replacing some body fat with muscle.

cheers and best to everyone!!!!
Dudeist Skydiver # 10

Yay, the fitness thread is back!!

So far this week -
Monday i did the treadmill and upper body/weights.
Tuesday i went to CardioJam - it's a mix of kickboxing and weight training.
Wednesday i don't work out cause of my college class
Thursday i did Cardio Blast - i love this class!! It's 12 stations of circuit type training. Mixed with stretches and yoga/pilates.
Friday - 45 min on the treadmill - no weight training cause i have a pulled muscle in my arm.

Now that i'm taking the free classes at my gym again, i'm more pumped to work out everyday. I was in such a rut, the change is awesome!!

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

This week has been crazy, but I did my best...:S...

Monday, Wednesday, Friday=Training sessions (free weights and such)

tomorrow I'm gonna go and do an hour or two of cardio...but next week I have added another day of training sessions and plan to do waaaaaaaay more cardio

~R+R:)...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

I will be joining a gym within a couple of weeks. Even though I have lost all the weight I needed to, I still need to tone up. I've been speaking with a personal trainer who I will be hiring. Due to my brain injury and the scarring, it's difficult for me to do cardio and workout. This causes my pulse rate to increase which causes quite a bit of pain in my head. The trainer is aware of this and is talking to my neurologist in order to come up with a regiment that I can tolerate.

Wish me luck and the best of luck to all of you.:)

Good luck tomorrow.

Thanks! I just got back home from the race, I finished at 32:32. Not a stellar time, but I'm just proud that I accomplished a goal. While my friend and I took a few breathers and walked a bit, we ran for almost the whole race which was definitely pushing it for me. We were really happy about seeing how many high school kids we beat (it was a fundraiser for Nick's school), not bad for a couple of old ladies! :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

i try to lose a few pound.. my wingsuit is a little bit narrow..i use a powder diet and make 1 hours run on treadmill plus 30 min on a row machine, goal is 155....im now 165 and 5,9" im not fat but i hate to buy a new wingsuit just because of being lazy
My ideal weight would be something like 132 pound but i would never reach that goal anyway...

Congrat's on completing the 5k run.

I bought two new fit balls(as squeak calls then) today. Just have to get motivated to get out of my massage chair and go use them.... :D

TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly