shropshire

Oscars et al .... Does anyone actually give a shit?

Personally, I have acted on stage and it was a shitload of fun. I never pursued it as a career as I never would have been the least bit successful. Those that have become successful....all power to them. They're making big bucks doing what they love. IMO, most of the successful ones come across as egotistical assholes but I don't know them personally.

As for the Oscars and all the other 'awards' shows, I usually skip them and go take a dump instead. So, maybe I actually do 'give a shit'.;)

It's an industry that we all have enjoyed to whatever degree. We keep them in business for our own entertainment. The populace props them up on their pedestal only to rejoice when they fall and do their rehab stint.

I consider the Oscars to be the best performance by the good-looking people. Let's be honest. You could be the greatest actor/actress on earth, but if you're as ugly as shit, you won't make it through the front door of most agents. Your talent will never be seen. Once in a while, a butt ugly person will make it through though. Those are usually the most talented.

I like the Oscars. Altough I never watch them (it's boring and a waste of time it think), the nominees are always excellent movie recommendations.

I didn't even know they just went by so if you aren't interested, just don't watch it, it's not that hard...

I didn't give a shit. I was zoned out on pain killers at the moment. ;)

Pussy.:P

Don't make me go WaltAppel on you. :D

What ya gonna do? Put a turd in my tub?:P
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Worse. My bowels have been gurgling the last 30 minutes. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

That sucks, but I bet ya wouldn't make the 40 hours in travel time before ya lost it.:P
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

That sucks, but I bet ya wouldn't make the 40 hours in travel time before ya lost it.:P

Probably not, but there's always Fitzgerald. >:(
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Probably not, but there's always Fitzgerald. >:(

Don't get too cocky... By Fitzgerald, I'll have eaten enough airline food to fire a counterattack large enough to wipe out the entire town.:D I dare ya to be on the same load as me.>:(

So true. Hardly a month goes by here in the States that there is not some type of award show on broadcast TV. Crazy

Hmm, a few buddies of mine had oscar parties and I just didn't give enough of a shit to go. If I went everytime, I'd be at a

a)Ms. America Pagent
b)Oscar Party
c)Grammy
d) Golden Globe
e)MTV Music Awards
f)Ms. Universe (hmm, with Ms. Venezuela:)g)Some Sort of American Idol Crap
h)Who Wants to be a millionaire
i)Survivor

et cetera. You get the picture. Frankly I think it's stoopid how for the next 5 weeks we'll be hearing about what so-and-so wore to the Oscars. Shut up and make more movies people.
=========Shaun ==========