Scoop

Audibles... how do you mount yours?

Hey, I got a Z1 Evo helmet.. Seemed sensible idea to buy myself a Pro Dytter as well.

It fits in the internal pockets lovely but when I put the helmet on its really uncomfortable against my ear.

Interested to see how other people have mounted their audibles. It seems that if the mount is fixed correctly to the hard shell itll be pretty solid though I have read few peoples stories about riser slap etc.

Has anyone had any difficulties hearing their audibles when mmounted externally?

I have a Z1 and have the same problem when I use the audible pocket. I just pull the liner up a bit and put it between the liner and the shell. Then I can position it in a better spot that is more comfortable. Works just fine.

Blues,
Nathan
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

Mine was really tight when i first got it but either the helmet got used to the shape fo my head or vice versa cos now it fits like a beaut. After going low once I did cut a small hole in the pocket though to make the audible easier to hear. ;)

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

I have a Hurricane and it is mounted on the outside. I had to cut the hole a little bit bigger and I hear it just fine. People always say that outside mounting is not a good place to mount it, but is in very secure and actuly very hard to get it to come off for battery change. Having it on the outside makes alt. changes quick and easy.

I also had it in a protec, gafers taped to the inside. Because of the size of the ear pockets in that hemet, I never felt it in there. Very loud though. Especialy when the third tone goes off:o

Not to steal your thunder, but I have the same question wrto FreeZr helmets....any problems/discomfort with audibles mounted in the pocket?
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239