nate_1979

My Turn, New Gear :)

Getting a bonus in less than a month... I have decided that I want Skyhook, and that means that I gotta order new gear. (damn)

So, here is a couple that I have whipped up... Tell me what you like best, what you dont like, suggestions, cross between them, anything useful. I hate doing this, it's sooo hard to decide what's gonna look best.. I'm open to suggestions for something completely different as well if your willing to give them, but I am trying to avoid blue for the most part, everybody seems to use blue.

Also just wanna say that I still love my Mirage G4, it's been a great rig, I have nothing but good things to say about it, but I dont like or use RSL, I think RWS has something great, I want it, I can pull it off now, so I'm gonna do it. ;) Not changing rigs because I didnt like the old one. So, yea, my G4 will be for sale in the next couple months hopefully :P

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

ick,ick and has potential;)

imho...loose the lime green reserve handle...a nice big silver ring is the way to go.

Loosing the silver ring because it makes me nervous when people are doing hybrids off of my chest strap. Using lime green reserve handle because it wont blend in with anything that I would wear, kinda like the neon orange cutaway.

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

Guest 1010
I like the gold from #3 but the un-symmetric designs of the others ... whatever it is, POST IT when it arrives!!!

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

but I dont like or use RSL

You do understand that the Skyhook attaches to the RSL, right?

What is your reasoning behind not liking or using an RSL now? How does adding the Skyhook change things for you?

Been discussed in other posts ;) The RSL has flaws, flaws most of which have been fixed by Skyhook (atleast from what I have seen in videos / and read about) ... As far as the RSL, I choose not to use one because I have not needed it in two chops, and with the flaws it has I feel that its got a higher potential of hurting me then it does helping me, but that's just how I feel after proving to myself that I can do my EPs... I dont feel that the skyhook has the same draw backs. I dont know that anyone has found any real drawbacks to Skyhook unless your doing CRW, .... :)

FGF #???
I miss the sky...

but I dont like or use RSL

You do understand that the Skyhook attaches to the RSL, right?

What is your reasoning behind not liking or using an RSL now? How does adding the Skyhook change things for you?

Where have you been for the last 25 skyhook threads?? :P

Do you have a different opinion about it that you'd like to share?

Dave

Guest 1010
PD, Skybytch - Bill B has spoken of calling the Skyhook by another name than an RSL, I believe that's what nate is referring to.

edit: maybe not ... folks supplied other-than-RSL names for it but in just checking, I didn't see where Bill requested them, just contributed to the thread. In any case nate appears to be buying the Skyhook with his Vector 3.

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

Or mabey something a little more patriotic?

About the only way I'd get blue...

What you guys think, or is it a little too much?

edited to add Rig 5 with black harness vs. yellow ... so much to decide with this much money :|

FGF #???
I miss the sky...

Red, white, and blue are beautiful together.

Even the French, British, and other nations think so.

Is that Navy Blue in your pic? Royal blue is what you want.

edit - I think the zig zag pattern will hypnotize/disorient those approaching you in the air. The quality of your jumps will suffer, and you won't even know why. :D
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I dont know that anyone has found any real drawbacks to Skyhook unless your doing CRW

Or jumping a camera - same snag hazards. Or jump a canopy that could spin up - same issues there.

Where have you been for the last 25 skyhook threads??

Well, since I no longer sell gear, am no longer a moderator in this forum, no longer spend the majority of my waking hours in front of a computer and am completely happy with the container and RSL I have now I guess I've seen no reason to read any of them. :P

Rig 1.

The 3-colour design of the container is already striking enough; grey webbing instead of yellow doesn't take any attention away from that.

Actually, I like all of them.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Just a word about white and red.

With the white so likely to get dirty, red may not be a good colour to put next to it.
If you wash a red with red and white, the red may bleed! This will make a red and pink container!
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

Just a word about white and red.

With the white so likely to get dirty, red may not be a good colour to put next to it.
If you wash a red with red and white, the red may bleed! This will make a red and pink container!

I've had nothing BUT red white and blue gear for almost 30 years now....no...it doesn't 'bleed'.

For the white...scotch guard it when new and once a year...wipe the rig off with a damp cloth now and then and it will always look good.

Nate...I've got both 'royal' and 'navy' blue gear, the Navy Blue looks a LOT better...I do like the gold harness touch...may have to copy that on my next one!B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Washed a javelin oddessy this years. It was red white and grey. The bleeding came mostly from the red stitching, like the "Oddessy" logo embroidered on the side.

If you don't believe red stitches bleed, take a look at an older reserve with red bartacks. The clean lines and age show the bleed without question.
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

Washed a javelin oddessy this years. It was red white and grey. The bleeding came mostly from the red stitching, like the "Oddessy" logo embroidered on the side.

If you don't believe red stitches bleed, take a look at an older reserve with red bartacks. The clean lines and age show the bleed without question.

Well...there's the problem!:P

My Strong Ent. gear has gotten hit with a power washer several times...(gets the smoke stains out) and never had any color problems what so ever...

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~