My cat died

My 16 YO cat Baby died today. I named him Baby because he could sit in the palm of my hand when I first got him from the shelter. He'd been sick for about 6 months. There wasn't much the vet could do w/o spending big bucks on an already old cat, so they recommended euthanizing him if he appeared to be suffering. He got really bad this morning and died before I could get him to the vet. Bummer, but it's the course of life, and he had a good one...

Crappy pics attached. He's on the right. They were just a few years old then. On the left is Nitro, my 14 YO Bengal who's doing OK.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

i lost all my "kids" last year. one dog from cancer, one from a heart attack, one from old age. my pack is gone. i have new babies now, my pack is back...but i miss the others so.

the hardest reality of having dogs, or cats, or other pets...is that they will die before you (in most situations). but to give them the life of joy, never to know anger...is the most beautiful gift.

Wow. Sorry to hear that:(

Turns out my remaining cat Nitro might have an idea that something's up. She keeps running around and looking out the windows and meowing. I wonder if she's looking for him?

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Sorry for your loss, 16 years is a long time, and I am sure you gave Baby a great home!

Is that an F1 print below the cats in the first picture?
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---

Turns out my remaining cat Nitro might have an idea that something's up. She keeps running around and looking out the windows and meowing. I wonder if she's looking for him?

Yes she is, most likely. I've seen this in my cats over the years, especially those that have been together most of their lives. I've got a pair right now that are 9 years old.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Yes she is, most likely. I've seen this in my cats over the years, especially those that have been together most of their lives. I've got a pair right now that are 9 years old.

She's also marking me a lot more with her facial scent glands, i.e. rubbing her face on me. And no, nothing perverty;)

-NickDG

The cat in the cabinet picture was typical of how I would often find him around the house. He could open any cabinet or drawer. He would climb the knobs on a chest of drawers and open the one he wanted by hooking his claws on the top edge and leaning back, then he'd do a pullup and climb in. Since most of my cabinets have/had spring loaded hinges, they'd just close behind him, so if I couldn't find him I'd have to go around the house opening all the cabinets. Sometimes he'd open them far enough that they'd stay open. It wasn't unusual to find most of the cabinets/drawers in the house open after work:S

-NickDG

Yeah, it's a signed print of an airbrush of Ayrton Senna (RIP). Done 9/94.

Signed by Senna or the artist? I have a Bill Patterson print of Nigel Mansel signed by both of them. I cant believe there isnt an F1 race on this continent.
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---

Tough to lose a pet but he was a lucky cat, if you hadn't come along he might not have had 16 good years. I've got one that's 15 and starting to show his age but still can climb a tree as fast as the 3 year old cat.:)

The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

Condolences.

I had to put one down Saturday. He was only 12 but had something very wrong with him as he'd been losing weight for the last 18 months or so. He didn't get really bad until about a week ago. Vet found "a mass" in him that shouldn't have been there. By Saturday morning he had fluid in his lungs when the vet called & I said it's time...

Was tough digging that hole, but I dug it deep & well. Almost dug it out in the middle of one of the fields as he'd been a caged stud male his whole life, but kept it close to the house. He had such a sweet disposition & would be most content sitting on a lap, ANY lap, purring & telling you how much he LOVED your lap!
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Yeah, it's a signed print of an airbrush of Ayrton Senna (RIP). Done 9/94.

Signed by Senna or the artist? I have a Bill Patterson print of Nigel Mansel signed by both of them. I cant believe there isnt an F1 race on this continent.

Just the artist. Senna died 5/94.

-NickDG

Oh, I was going to ask if that was Senna.

I was watching that race. Surprising how it didn't look like that violent of a crash...

Loved watching he & Mansel go at it.
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Much Love.
Benjamin lost his Persian companion, Elizabeth, when she was twelve and he was nine. I lost a friend. Benjamin has a fourteenth birthday coming up. :)B|:S;)[:/]

...:)

:$:o:D

:):o

:|... :oooooooh emoticonssssss

B|Arrrrrr! I'm a pirate

Holy sorry
Take Care.

I don't have a license for this.

Really sorry you lost your buddy. That's a long relationship, and it's very hard when it ends.

Funny how our pets are so stoical when they get old and ill, and we're the ones who find it hard to deal with! It's nearly a year since I had to euthanise both of my cats, and it's partly the thought of having to go through that again that's kept me from replacing them.

So sorry to hear about your loss. I had to put my cat down before Christmas last year. I had him for 8 years and he ended up having horrible lung cancer. I still miss him terribly. I have his ashes in a beautiful urn that my brother-in-law made. He was the best cat!
http://3ringnecklace.com/