javelin1

Found cell phone

i found a cell phone while walking from the bus stop.it was alreadypowered up,but said low battery.i walked home trying to find some way to get a hold of the owner ,when it started to ring. i answered it hoping i would discover who it belonged to. turned out the owner works at a hospital,and had not shown up for work(work was calling).i told them i had just found the phone and told them to pass on my phone number to the person they were looking for.the phone then went dead(battery). i have not heard from the owner and now wonder how i should handle this. the fact that the battery was almost dead tells me it had been on for a long period of time ,possibly from the nite before. so i am thinking possibly the owner was a victim of a crime and the phone could maybe be evidence(lots of crime here)
What should i do?

Drop it off with the cops along with information about where/when you found it. I think the normal reaction to finding a phone would be to try to locate the owner. I wouldn't instantly think of someone in trouble-just someone clumsy or forgetful so there shouldn't be any issues with you not going to the cops immediately.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

I would say take it to the cell company... or turn it in to the cops.

you probably won't have much luck finding the owner directly... unless you have access to an appropiate charger and can reach out to someone they know.

Good luck... I hope you find the phones owner...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I would say take it to the cell company... or turn it in to the cops.

you probably won't have much luck finding the owner directly... unless you have access to an appropiate charger and can reach out to someone they know.

Good luck... I hope you find the phones owner...

Anywhere near an airport? Use one of the instant chargers in the terminals.

Cops are better - maybe the guy was part of a terrorist abduction and his 3rd degree of separation was Obama!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

It’s funny that this thread just appeared. Last Saturday my phone rings and I see from caller ID that it’s my father-in-law. He and his wife winter down in Florida. I answer and it turns out that it is some other guy who just found the phone in the middle of a street. I’m not sure how he ended up calling me but I think it was probably because I was the last outgoing call from that phone.

Anyway, the man gives me his name and personal phone number. I call my mother-in-law right away and explain to her the story and give her this mans information. My father-in-law gets home from his bike ride shortly after I call. He contacts the man and this guy came right over to their house and gave back the phone! He refuses the cash reward that is offered, hands my father-in-law his business card and rides off into the sunset.

I know that most people are honest. We were very lucky that the guy who found the phone was one of them. It’s one of those warm and fuzzy, feel good stories.

I know that most people are honest.

Welcome to Earth, I see you haven't been here long! :P

I think most people are honest. Good news just doesn't sell papers and raise the ratings. The media overwhelms us with the bad side of people in order to make more money.

But this thread is about lost & found cell phones. Maybe we should take this discussion to SC.

:)

:D:D
“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

Compared to you, no one has. Hell Cavemen were the only ones that could have possibly been insulted by THAT remark.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Compared to you, no one has. Hell Cavemen were the only ones that could have possibly been insulted by THAT remark.:D:D:D
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of