CSpenceFLY

Random Thought

Water holds a lot of heat. It would boil a lot of the liquid nitrogen (or whatever-liquid nitrogens just the cheapest) away. Then you'd just have an ice balloon. A lot easier to put it in the freezer, but it'd take a lot longer.

I've used liquid nitrogen to make instant ice cream before. Really cool process, and great ice cream.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Step away from the frozen stuff now... have another beer and stop tinkering with dangerous stuff....

How many time do I have to save your life?

I'm pretty sure its only dangerous if you reach into it. If you spill it or try to pour it out it instantly turns into nitrogen gas. (I could be wrong. I'm going by what I remember from seeing a demo with it in 8th grade.)

:D:D:D I play with the stuff for the school kids. You would want to use Nitrogen because Hydrogen is extremely flammable. Hydrogen is also a lot colder in it's liquid form than Nitrogen. (-420F vs -320F) If you put a balloon full of air in LN2 (Liquid Nitrogen) it will deflate. When you take it out it reinflates, pretty cool. In the summer I like to partialy freeze a bottle of water to cool off with. Putting a water balloon , or anything else for that matter, in LN2 will freeze it. Many common items that are pliable at room temperature become very brittle at cryogenic temperatures. We freeze a raquetball for the kids and bust it on the floor in front of them.
If you put your hand in LN2 it will freeze off. If you get a cryogenic liquid on you the effect is exactly like a burn. Cryogenic burns require special care, putting water on them to warm them up is bad.
Like skydiving, cryogens are dangerous but can be fun. B|

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

I've used liquid nitrogen to make instant ice cream before. Really cool process, and great ice cream.

I know that nitrogenated beer has a really creamy head to it, very small bubbles. Is N2 ice cream kind of like that?:)

Yes. Very small ice crystals because of the speed of the freezing, very smooth and creamy.
Also a very cool show when you make it.

When I was in school, my physics professor/astronomy club advisor had us use it as a fund raiser. Lots of fun.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Step away from the frozen stuff now... have another beer and stop tinkering with dangerous stuff....

How many time do I have to save your life?

I'm pretty sure its only dangerous if you reach into it. If you spill it or try to pour it out it instantly turns into nitrogen gas. (I could be wrong. I'm going by what I remember from seeing a demo with it in 8th grade.)

Actually as long as your hand is dry you can completely submerge it in liquid Nitrogen, and pull it out quickly and you will be fine. However any minute amount of moisture or a longer exposure time and you are feeling not so good.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

:D:D:D I play with the stuff for the school kids. You would want to use Nitrogen because Hydrogen is extremely flammable. Hydrogen is also a lot colder in it's liquid form than Nitrogen. (-420F vs -320F) If you put a balloon full of air in LN2 (Liquid Nitrogen) it will deflate. When you take it out it reinflates, pretty cool. In the summer I like to partialy freeze a bottle of water to cool off with. Putting a water balloon , or anything else for that matter, in LN2 will freeze it. Many common items that are pliable at room temperature become very brittle at cryogenic temperatures. We freeze a raquetball for the kids and bust it on the floor in front of them.
If you put your hand in LN2 it will freeze off. If you get a cryogenic liquid on you the effect is exactly like a burn. Cryogenic burns require special care, putting water on them to warm them up is bad.
Like skydiving, cryogens are dangerous but can be fun. B|

Hummmm...."here kitty kitty" >:(

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I remember one time my friend had his welding truck over at our house and we filled a balloon with acetylene and a little oxygen and tied a lit cigarette to a string and then drug it until it popped the baloon. Of course it did way more than pop the baloon...it rattled the windows of the houses in a block radius and the police were soon driving by the house while we all were hiding inside laughing hysterically.

The balloon would freeze and break almost instantly due to the shifting liquid breaking the frozen rubber. As soon as the balloon broke the water would mix with the nitrogen and you would would have nice little mini explosion caused by the rapid boiling of the nitrogen. Kinda like dropping water into a deep fryer.
In the Navy, you can't put your hands in your pockets but I was always told not to put my hands in my pockets by people with their hands in their pockets. Kinda funny huh?

The balloon would freeze and break almost instantly due to the shifting liquid breaking the frozen rubber. As soon as the balloon broke the water would mix with the nitrogen and you would would have nice little mini explosion caused by the rapid boiling of the nitrogen. Kinda like dropping water into a deep fryer.

Nope, all it would do is freeze, the balloon would remain intact. It is amazing what I said earlier about putting a balloon full of air into LN2. It shrivels up to nothing and then reinflates when you take it out. A balloon full of water would just freeze. :|

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"