jtval

What's your fav iPhone app?

A few of my favorite apps:

Kindle for iPhone-Free

MotionX GPS (like having a Garmin GPS almost)

I looked into the MotionX GPS. That looks like a great app how quickly does it eat your battery?

Most of the reviews seem to say you get 90 minutes.
My photos

My Videos

A few of my favorite apps:

Kindle for iPhone-Free

MotionX GPS (like having a Garmin GPS almost)

I looked into the MotionX GPS. That looks like a great app how quickly does it eat your battery?

Most of the reviews seem to say you get 90 minutes.

SWAG'n it, I'd say 90 to 120 minutes is a good time range. What I like about both GPS apps is that you can send the coords/track to yourself via e-mail and see it in Goggle earth for free as well.

The kindle app doesn't eat much battery at all, I've read for about 4 hrs straight on it and didn't run out of juice.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Nobody has mentioned Flight Control yet?....

Also, +1 on remote. I have speakers hooked up around my house to the WiFi, and I can be anywhere in the house and change the music, which is playing in every room of the house. Priceless for parties.

Tic-Tac-Toe.... perfect time killer, especially if you happen to be taking a dump.

I had others that were nice for occassional use, such as Air Sharing.

Avoid this: http://www.digitaldexterity.net/iPhuck.jpg

Been a few days now, and while the break from phone calls and such is nice... I still feel like I'm missing a vital part of me [:/]

It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

Nice. Ithink I'll D/l gps next month (buying the iphone is enough for one month)

With Kindle how do you read such small text?
Iyt just dwaned on me as I was typing this that you can probably turn the iphone sideway and zoom the print. I figure it would still be to small to bother reading, no?
My photos

My Videos

Nice. Ithink I'll D/l gps next month (buying the iphone is enough for one month)

With Kindle how do you read such small text?
Iyt just dwaned on me as I was typing this that you can probably turn the iphone sideway and zoom the print. I figure it would still be to small to bother reading, no?

The "Basic GPS" app is free(edit: it's now .99 cents) so download it when you get a chance. It's also come a long way. I e-mailed the guy who wrote it and asked him to add MGRS and a few other things.So far he has made some really neat additions.

The kindle app is actually pretty cool. I thought reading it would be like reading web pages on the iphone but it's not. The screen goes to a white light(so you can read in low light too) and the text is obviously black. The default text is actually easy to read like a normal page in a book. If you want bigger text there is a font option at the bottom of the screen that allows you to make it as big or small as you need. I find it no more difficult than reading a typical paperback book.

Surf around Amazon's Kindle book section, there are a few free books as well as free samples of all the kindle books that you can download directly to your iphone and check it out to see if you like it or not. This is what I did at first and since then I've bought a Kindle 2 to go with the iphone app. What's really cool is that they both synch up with each other. So if I read to say section 450 on the Kindle 2 at home and then open the Kindle app on my iphone while waiting in line somewhere, it will open to section 450 or the farthest page I have read to.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Kindle sounds cool.

One question. I notice that if I leave my phone on when I am at work it's almost dead by the end of the day.
I don't know of any app that are running. is the battery life that short normally?

If anything I think the iPod is running (not playing music, just running) in the background.
My photos

My Videos

Kindle sounds cool.

One question. I notice that if I leave my phone on when I am at work it's almost dead by the end of the day.
I don't know of any app that are running. is the battery life that short normally?

If anything I think the iPod is running (not playing music, just running) in the background.

Dude, the Kindle 2 and the iphone kindle app rock.It actually makes reading fun again.

You must have something running. If you aren't using the phone, it shouldn't be near dead by days end. My guess is you might have BT on and searching or you have a limited signal and the phone is searching for towers.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I don't have Bluetooth set up. I just checked. Its off.
Oh well, During the first few days I know it was because I was playing with the thing all day.

Today I didnt have a full charge to begin with so maybe it's just me being a newb.

Thanks for the info. and recommendations.
My photos

My Videos

The one where some remote person calls you up from their phone... yours rings, you answer it and hey, you know what? - you can talk to them - No shit, it's amazing:)

I'm still trying to figure out how to do that with my phone. There's all kinds of numbers and symbols and shit. I think I'm supposed to hit a few but I don't know which ones do what.
My photos

My Videos

The one where some remote person calls you up from their phone... yours rings, you answer it and hey, you know what? - you can talk to them - No shit, it's amazing:)

I'm still trying to figure out how to do that with my phone. There's all kinds of numbers and symbols and shit. I think I'm supposed to hit a few but I don't know which ones do what.

I know what you mean... it's really difficult for us 'older' folks :P

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I know what you mean... it's really difficult for us 'older' folks :P

I have trouble figuring out how to turn the damned things on:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?