SKYWHUFFO

Boy dies using plastic parachute

DOES THIS GO HERE OR INCIDENTS??????????

N.Y. Boy Made Plastic Parachute, Took Death Dive
Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Print ShareThisNEW YORK — A friend says a 9-year-old New York City boy might have been imitating a video game character when he apparently made a plastic parachute and jumped to his death from his apartment building's roof.

Police say Domori Miles likely cobbled a plastic bag and rope together before flying off the 13-story Brooklyn building Tuesday. The items were found on the ground near his body.

Ten-year-old friend Shakar Murrel says Domori was a fan of the wrestling game "WWE SmackDown vs. Raw" and loved wrestler Jeff Hardy's swan dives.

Stamford, Conn.-based World Wrestling Entertainment expresses sympathy but calls for "a full investigation ... before conclusions are made." It says no "SmackDown vs. Raw" characters jump off buildings or use parachutes.

What happened to trying a table first. Then the garage roof. Then the double story apartment next door...

I still think progression is WAY better than AFF.

Have to say - making jokes about this might be fun 'n all, but it's still a sad day when a child dies :(

I freaked out at a family restaurant a while back because they had PG13 fighting games in the kids playroom where my godson (5) was playing. IMO parents are too ready to use TV / video games as cheap baby sitters these days without giving the proper guidance this media requires :|

Edit: I reiterate: GUIDANCE

A VERY MERRY UNBIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
D.S # 125

Oh yeah, what are they talking about?
His gear? Wingloading? And did he burn the site?

Seriously, some are arguing he should be added to The List.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Your dz.com login should work on basejumper.com. Head over there and have a look. I'm sitting on the fence as to The List,but they've had a much better discussion on this incident than has been provided in this thread so far.
A VERY MERRY UNBIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
D.S # 125

Oh yeah, what are they talking about?
His gear? Wingloading? And did he burn the site?

Seriously, some are arguing he should be added to The List.

You gotta be shittin' me!

Why not? He intended to survive with his homemade gear. Not the first guy to go in that way. Because he was a kid it wasn't a particularly feasible attempt, but have you ever seen some of the contraptions people were using 100 years ago off bridges and cliffs?