Girlfalldown

Tron

Yeah that's right, I said Tron. Any of you 60's or 70's babies will remember that game and that totally awesome movie they made in the early 80's. Well that movie was on this last weekend and of course I had to watch. What an amazing piece of crap. I remember when it first came out and everyone in my school was rated on how cool they were by whether they'd seen Tron or not. :D I think they should re-make it with all the new technology we have now. They should keep Jeff Bridges as the main guy though. :ph34r:

It is kind of amazing though. They had to actually have 20 guys wearing identical suits running in a straight line instead of just superimposing them or whatever it is they do know. I wonder how much that movie cost to make.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

I still love that movie and watched it this weekend yet again. Rotoscoping to that extent had never been done before Tron. I loved playing the arcade game (esp the light cycle) with the hybrid controls and the Intellivision "Discs of Tron."

The movie graphics were far better than anything that was on the market at the time. Most arcade games were 8bit and 16 colors while home systems like C64, Atari 2600, Vectrex were far lesser technology.The in movie glow FX were created by people tracing the colors onto every single frame of the movie.

There has been talk for nearly the last ten years to either remake Tron or to create a sequel. The Tron v2.0 video game was the product of all that research and talk. Since the game didn't draw as much attention as they thought, the idea of a sequel has been put on the back burner.

of course that is a great movie. Ever see the family guy scene related to tron? :D

I haven't seen it. :( Someone find it for me!

I LOVE Tron! I saw it in London for the first time when I was about 7...

Peter gets to play in the grid with those little 'bend over and kiss your ass goodbye" scooter thingies...

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Peter gets to play in the grid with those little 'bend over and kiss your ass goodbye" scooter thingies...

They're referred to as "Light Cycles". :P
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

They're referred to as "Light Cycles". :P

Ah. I stand corrected. The "Bend over and kss your ass goodbye" Light Cycles. Thanks. :P:D

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Ah. I stand corrected. The "Bend over and kss your ass goodbye" Light Cycles. Thanks. :P:D

Especially if you were one of the red guys. :P
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

It's really fun watching it with someone that never saw it or with teenagers. They're like WTH? I don't get it.

:D

I loved the movie then and I love it now too.

Just cause you're engaged doesn't mean you have to start acting like you're old and stuff.. come on.. :P