murrays

UP! - Pixar does it again!

Just came back from watching UP in 3d. It is a fantastic movie. One of the best I've seen in my life. I think it may be the best Pixar has made.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Just came back from watching UP in 3d. It is a fantastic movie. One of the best I've seen in my life. I think it may be the best Pixar has made.

I am taking the 8yr old next weekend to see it. I can wait! :)
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

I think it may be the best Pixar has made.

Better than CARS or Monsters INC? I dont have any kiddies but I might have to go see this one. B|

I think you will leave the theatre very glad that you went.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I saw a little stat that was very interesting...30% of the people that went to see UP were adults without kids.

Here's a review that, I think, does a pretty good job of explaining why.
--
Murray

I saw a little stat that was very interesting...30% of the people that went to see UP were adults without kids.

First off, the short alone was worth the price of admission. I would explain the success with adults as being due to it being more of an adult movie that kids could enjoy than a kid's movie for adults. The central messages are likely lost on most kids but provide an excellent framework for an enjoyable story. Probably the best Pixar feature so far.
A dolor netus non dui aliquet, sagittis felis sodales, dolor sociis mauris, vel eu libero cras. Interdum at. Eget habitasse elementum est.

First off, the short alone was worth the price of admission. I would explain the success with adults as being due to it being more of an adult movie that kids could enjoy than a kid's movie for adults. The central messages are likely lost on most kids but provide an excellent framework for an enjoyable story. Probably the best Pixar feature so far.

totally agree! I didnt get to see it in 3D but it was still very good. Loved the short they did as the intro
;)
(I.C.D#2 VP)
""I'm good with my purple penis straw" ~sky mama

totally agree! I didnt get to see it in 3D but it was still very good. Loved the short they did as the intro
;)

I cant wait to see this!! :)
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

First off, the short alone was worth the price of admission.

It was/is brilliant.

The short, Partly Cloudy, is now available in the iTunes store for $1.99.

I can't figure out how to get the url but if you search for Partly Cloudy in the store you'll find it.
--
Murray

Wow, just wow. Saw it in 3-D tonight. Big big big thumbs up for UP.:)

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I have been trying for years to figure out why people still seem to think that these are "kids movies".

I cant wait to see this!!

I just took my niece to see this movie and all I can say is WOW! What an amazing story. Tugs at all of your emotions and is just amazing is all I can say. I think I might go see it again but next time in 3D. The short clip at the begining "Partly Cloudy" is worth the price of addmission.:)
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!