virgin-burner

burial or cremation!?

I don't care what happens really, whatever helps my husband and family cope the best is ok with me.

I agree with you.
JohnMitchell is probably waiting for my post here.:D
I'm pulled in two different directions because my parents want me buried and have a plot for me already. John wants me cremated. This was a huge issue when I was in the hospital a few years ago in a coma and the doctors told my family I wasn't going to make it.
I think I'd rather be cremated and save the real estate, but I don't want to be scattered. No ash dive for me. :P

I want to be cremated but I voted other because I want my ashes mixed in with the mortars for a major July 4th fireworks show. B|

Now I just need to make some friends in the fireworks industry. :D

"that downwardspiral, he just had to go out with a BANG!" ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I don't care what happens really, whatever helps my husband and family cope the best is ok with me.

I agree with you.
I'm pulled in two different directions because my parents want me buried and have a plot for me already. John wants me cremated. This was a huge issue when I was in the hospital a few years ago in a coma and the doctors told my family I wasn't going to make it.
I think I'd rather be cremated and save the real estate, but I don't want to be scattered. No ash dive for me. :P

So comprimise - Bury the top half and cremate the rest.:|

I really don't like thinking about you like that.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I'm curious how many skydivers didn't want to be cremated before they started jumping and learned about ash dives.

Make a poll.

I always wanted to be burned - I want to make sure that I am NOT stuck inside something that is buried.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

I agree with you.

So comprimise - Bury the top half and cremate the rest.:|

I really don't like thinking about you like that.:|

You make me sound like a mermaid. :D:D:D:D

When my daughter was little and "The little Mermaid" was out in theaters she asked us if you could only eat the bottom half on a mermaid. B|

When my daughter was little and "The little Mermaid" was out in theaters she asked us if you could only eat the bottom half on a mermaid. B|

THAT is a whole new innuendo to Sushi . . .

For those who want a personalized cremation...

only you B|

(edited to add... that would get pretty creepy after a while) :o

That is the greatest thing ever not only can you haunt your family with your blank stairing plastic face urn....they can open it up and see you as a pile of ashy brains :D

All that's needed now is a small, hidden loudspeaker that emits a moaning sound and/or the rattling of chains every once in a while - say between midnight and 1 am...
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Burr Oak Cemetery nightmare :o
http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/07/sheriff-bodies-dug-up-dumped-at-cemetery.html

"Jul 9, 2009 ... Every family's nightmare: Burr Oak Cemetery graves allegedly stripped for profit ... "

I don't know about anybody else .... but this was a perfect example of why cremation makes sense to me.
99% of the people on this earth are sheep ... dare to be different

Burr Oak Cemetery nightmare :o
http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/07/sheriff-bodies-dug-up-dumped-at-cemetery.html

"Jul 9, 2009 ... Every family's nightmare: Burr Oak Cemetery graves allegedly stripped for profit ... "

I don't know about anybody else .... but this was a perfect example of why cremation makes sense to me.

Unless of course, this happens to you: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/1825248.stm
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban