SARLDO

250 Mil

That's what the Powerball jackpot is. :o

What would you do in the long run, after splurging on all your wildest dreams? I mean, I know I couldn't vacation for the rest of my life, I would need something to do to remain a ~productive member of society. Maybe buy/open my own DZ and keep it cheap.

What would you be doing, 5 years after winning that much money?
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68

I'd start a free school just for non-wealthy exceptionally smart kids who would otherwise be stuck in regular public school classes.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

I'd start a free school just for non-wealthy exceptionally smart kids who would otherwise be stuck in regular public school classes.

That is one of the best answers I have heard in a long long time.............. our smart kids are getting screwed.[:/]

Sounds like it's time for a $1 dream.

Elvisio "it's the idiot tax, I know" Rodriguez

I never play but, in this case, I dropped 10 on it. WTH... can't hurt to try.
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68

That's what the Powerball jackpot is. :o

What would you do in the long run, after splurging on all your wildest dreams? I mean, I know I couldn't vacation for the rest of my life, I would need something to do to remain a ~productive member of society. Maybe buy/open my own DZ and keep it cheap.

What would you be doing, 5 years after winning that much money?

I can just picture it now... Pokerstar's home for wayward college cheerleaders.
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---

That is one of the best answers I have heard in a long long time.............. our smart kids are getting screwed.[:/]

I honestly believe that many of them are getting screwed. That's all. I don't want to run this thread into SC hell...

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

1) pay off all of me and my wife's debt, including our student loans.

2) allocate most of the money into fairly conservative savings and investment accounts. 1/2 of the income each year would be "salary" and the other 1/2 would be re-invested.

3) a smaller, but substantial, portion of the winnings would be used to create a separate investment account, with which I would use the income to sponsor (either partially or fully) a 4-way team. While the short-term goal is obvious and somewhat selfish, the long-term plan would be to provide a stable source of income to the top 1 or 2 4-way teams in the country so they can afford to focus more on training and competition.

4) Get my coach and AFF ratings back. I'd also finish nursing school, since I'll be done in 16 months anyway.

5) I'd jump and work at the DZ as a organizer/AFF instructor/coach without having to worry about having enough money to buy ramen noodles at the end of the weekend or having to give up training days to earn enough to live.

6) I would have a very, very strict policy of telling noone where my money came from, and absolutely NOT giving money to those who would inevitably find out. The only gift I feel I would give is paying off my parents house.
"Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission."

You go ahead and pay the stupid tax!;) The storys on that web sigt tell the truth.......most broke people dont know how to have alot of money and still live normal....... theres a reason that most of them are broke;) Why do you think alot of 2nd gen millionairs ( silver spoon kids) dont know how to keep the famially fortune going. Cuase they didnt earn it and dont respect it! Most 1st gen millionairs stay that way millionairs (talking about the ones that earned it, not won it)

Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

I'd give a lot of it away to my family and friends who I've been close with since elementary school. I could live quite comfortably with "just" 10 million or so. Buy an average sized house, a big garage, and the ultimate set of automotive tools. I'd fix up cars...go to car shows...and basically just do "Nothing."

Edit: Oh and the new friends I would make after winning wouldn't get a dime.

i'm sure that EVERYONE has daydreamed about what they would do if they Hit it rich.....;)

but dreaming and reality are two different things...

I would start up a crew.. give them uniforms and a truck, brooms and trash containers....

I would send those crews to every single convenience store, liquor store, and newstand in the area, and have them
Clean UP the TONS of "loser scratcher tickets", which inevitably always litter the parking lots, around those places...>:(
I've seen people who can't buy milk and bread for their kids,,, throw away $$$$ on scratcher tickets,,:S[:/], play them in the car, and then casually toss the losers OUT the window onto the ground.. (that soooo pisses me off ) anyway.. my crews would be instructed to take their truckloads, and DUMP them onto the lawn,,, at the State capitol.. so that Those idiots who envisioned , authorized and then created the biggest drain, on poor peoples limited money,, could see how wasteful the whole idea,, really is...

Next. I would go out and buy the type of equipment that i install in my work,,,( wheelchair lifts and stair lifts) by the dozens,,,, and sell them for 25 cents on the dollar,,,so that i can effectively shut down the places against whom i've had to compete all these years,,,,,:|:( AND soas to allow those who need such items,,, to GET them,,, at a sensible price...
Running That operation at a huge loss will offset the income,,,, which i hope to generate, when i buy up distressed residential properties,,, rebuild them, using the crews from my "lottery litter teams" and then sell THEM, for a 100 to 200 percent improvement from what i paid...
That would create jobs, improve the housing stock in the area, provide homes for working class people, and keep my sister-in-law, the real estate agent, flush with commisions...

If i won over 10 million, I would earmark one million each for my 2 children, establishing a trust fund which only allows for 50,000 dollars withdrawal, in any calendar year..And i'd create a similar fund with 3 million in it for my Wife.... with NO restrictions whatsoever!!!!!!!
hahahaha

Oh yeah... I'd buy myself a new rig. and once a month host "jumps are on jimmy" days at the DZ
make 2 make 7 , what's the difference???
jimmy's picking up the tab!!!!!!

If i hit for 25 million or more....There would be a spanking new Super Otter flying those jumpers...B|
..Like i said... DAY dream.....

jt