Nataly

this fly is driving me crazy!!

I have a teeny fruit-fly that keeps flying around my computer screen, but it's too small and too fast for me to catch!! AAAARRRGH!!

(Translation: I'm probably spending too much time in front of my computer, right?)
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

No, don't turn off the monitor! If you do that, then it'll fly up your nose and lay 10,000 eggs, which will hatch into maggots that will burrow into your brain.

Trust me, I'm an entomologist.:)

:S:D:D

Don

OK, try this. Get a bottle and put a couple of cm depth of water in it, then add some liquid detergent and swish it around to mix it but don't make too many bubbles. Then put a piece of banana in there. The banana will attract the fruit flies, and when they land on the soapy water they'll stick and drown. That will reduce numbers of flies quite a bit if you have a lot flying around, but might not be so effective if you've only got one or two. Also check around your place and get rid of any overripe fruit that could be attracting flies in from outside or allowing them to breed.

Don

I squished it :)
Turned out not to be a fruit-fly, but still very small. Man I chased that thing like a mad-woman for about 2 hours last night!!

Fruit?? I don't have any fruit!! (Unless jello counts!!) :P

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I squished it :)
Turned out not to be a fruit-fly, but still very small. Man I chased that thing like a mad-woman for about 2 hours last night!!

Fruit?? I don't have any fruit!! (Unless jello counts!!) :P

If you had a spider web next to your monitor that fly would never have bothered you.
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---

Friday after skydiving, the bottle got passed around which lead to jumpers chasing each other around with a battery powered bug zapper tennis racket thing. Being skydivers this of course lead to a body part zapping contest....(yes we are idiots) I still have a small electrical burn on my nipple, I imagine this thing is good for zapping flies too.
Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415